Big shout out to COVID 19

intel wild

396 here. Been getting $250-430ish extra a week (depending on the amount of OT) every week since April. I've heard some guys as high as $800. 70 hour rule was in effect a while back. They tried calling me to come in yesterday but I didn't answer. Since Saturdays are voluntary, you can't grieve those hours.

intel wild

Plus they were trying to go straight a warning letter write up on craddle/map nav thing.....Center manager said it wasn't him, that it was pushed on him from the District guys. Filed on that...steward said it will be thrown out. I was never a file type of guy but now....file, file, file.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Plus they were trying to go straight a warning letter write up on craddle/map nav thing.....Center manager said it wasn't him, that it was pushed on him from the District guys. Filed on that...steward said it will be thrown out. I was never a file type of guy but now....file, file, file.
It's funny how people go from not filing to filing real quick. I used to be a very reasonable person for the first 5 years working for Ups and would never file. Then I saw how Ups truly is and now I file any chance I get. The top senior driver in my center loves me because he gets random grievance checks because I file on supervisors working.

intel wild

I transferred to feeder because my route jumped up 100 stops
How long have you been in Feeder and do you like it? Have a couple of friends that love it and say they should have done it years ago. One was telling me I should go. He says the BS we have to put up with in package is gone. They leave you alone.

AwashBwashCwash

Yea from my understanding the entire southern region is a joke.

There's not much of a union culture in the South.
Most people have never been a part of one and don't really understand all that it implies. Even though they are technically a part of the union, they treat it exactly the same as a non-union job, and union leadership/presence is basically invisible. There's a lot of work that could be done down here, that's for sure.

Staydryitsraining

There's not much of a union culture in the South.
Most people have never been a part of one and don't really understand all that it implies. Even though they are technically a part of the union, they treat it exactly the same as a non-union job, and union leadership/presence is basically invisible. There's a lot of work that could be done down here, that's for sure.
I'm also referring to the actual union.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
How long have you been in Feeder and do you like it? Have a couple of friends that love it and say they should have done it years ago. One was telling me I should go. He says the BS we have to put up with in package is gone. They leave you alone.
It’s easier than package. 12 hours in feeder feels more like 8 hours in package. Time goes by quick. Schedule sucks when you’re new. I work at night but it’s not that bad to me since I did it before for 3 years at a previous job. Management does keep to themselves.

The most stressful situation for me was getting sent somewhere you’ve never been and then figuring out you have no room to turn around. Always check google maps before going somewhere.

I don’t regret transferring, and just like any other job at ups, the longer you stay the easier it gets.

DOK

Started as a 22.4 last year, already a RPCD and a mon-fri driver thanks to all the new hires. I was complaining that neither of those things would happen until I hit top rate but here we are. Love it. Love you Chinese virus!
And what then happens when the volume drops back to normal levels?