Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As a wise man once told me, if you don't hold the private key, you don't own anything.

It's basically just the equivalent of Robinhood's crypto markets.
Speculation, and paper crypto.

Still quite a leap forward from where things were though. Just in terms of them legitimizing it by bringing it in.

Still nuts if all of this grayscale and derivites
Crap was actually bitcoin purchases we’d already be over 20k

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s a scam though
5F243BDA-1140-4E5A-988A-9A22BE7BF66E.jpeg

Faceplanted

So that's what, $2000 less than it's high 3 years ago?
Cope.

people dca with their 401k every paycheck. If you did the same with bitcoin you would be wayyyyyh up.

when the butcorn hits 50-100k next cycle you guys will still be dismissive. It’s kinda comical.

to have so much pride that you can’t admit your wrong is a horrible trait to have. But that’s why 99% of people on here work until their 55 and are still poor.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Cope.

people dca with their 401k every paycheck. If you did the same with bitcoin you would be wayyyyyh up.

when the butcorn hits 50-100k next cycle you guys will still be dismissive. It’s kinda comical.

to have so much pride that you can’t admit your wrong is a horrible trait to have. But that’s why 99% of people on here work until their 55 and are still poor.
Cool story bro.

rickyb

i dont know too much about btc or i forgot whatever i did learn, and i had ledger which is some kind of physical security device you plug into your computer, i never bought btc, and i got an email recently saying ledger was compromised with malware and my stuff was being stolen.

rickyb

Id think after a decade people would realize its an asset class. Not a scam.
let the money do the talking. fact is its $20000 now. we can check a few years from now to see where were at. well done for buying it. i was so close but it wasnt meant to be, part of my problem is i dont go for the kill and im just too much of a skeptic anyways gneerally

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No way to steal it if you put it on a ledger.
The folks over at Ledger got their ecommerce database hacked a while back.
The emails of the people who bought the hardware were stolen.

The emails were then used in a phishing attempt.

Million dollar security foiled by people who don't have a clue what they have.

At least this is what I'm assuming Ricky is referencing.
Never heard of a hardware wallet failing outside of really out there lab hacking attempts.

rickyb

Never heard of a hardware wallet failing outside of really out there lab hacking attempts.
yea so what does that mean? how would they steal the btc if you have the hardware?

rickyb

They attempt to trick you into giving them the private key, or the recovery phrase, I'd assume.
Social engineering.
i had 2 buyers remorse with btc. 1x was the after the bubble in 2017 or whatever, and now. ive been listening to max keiser for a long time now and he was very clear to buy btc LOL

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers

One thing that I don't like about Ledger is that the software is not open sourced so it is difficult for outside people to verify that the software is legit. I have a Trezor and I am happy with it.