Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Faceplanted

Someone has been drinking Charlie boy’s koolaide.
Lol agreed

cardano is a Reddit coin. No smart contracts still. Blockchains future and use cases are based on smart contracts. Eth has already been named by countries wanting to use centralized currency tokens.

eth is the most secure decentralized chain, and the vast majority of companies will be using it. I personally hate Charlie and think he’s a :censored2:. His interview on lex’s podcast is a joke.

what does ada offer over eth?

If your going to look at unfinished projects, DOT is far superior

Wilber will see profits with ada, that’s all that matters, but imho it is absolutely not a real contender to eth. HBAR, and DOT seem to be the only other options getting adoption

HBAR specifically.

With arbitrum, all of etheriums issues got solved. Ada isn’t bringing anything to the table imho. But to each their own

anything claiming eth killer should be immediately dismissed. There will never be an eth killer.

big companies are going to use private/semi private blockchains, they will use agnostics to connect data, eth is the defacto settlement layer. Can you show me any big companies committing to ada? Any revolutionary features of ada? Anything besides Charlie fanboys spewing stuff Charlie says that makes no sense or isn’t a live option

the smart contract functionalities of ada will all run chainlink features. They have nothing revolutionary, nothing that is their own, nothing of actual innovation.

wilberforce15

Lol agreed

cardano is a Reddit coin. No smart contracts still. Blockchains future and use cases are based on smart contracts. Eth has already been named by countries wanting to use centralized currency tokens.

eth is the most secure decentralized chain, and the vast majority of companies will be using it. I personally hate Charlie and think he’s a *. His interview on lex’s podcast is a joke.

what does ada offer over eth?

If your going to look at unfinished projects, DOT is far superior

Wilber will see profits with ada, that’s all that matters, but imho it is absolutely not a real contender to eth. HBAR, and DOT seem to be the only other options getting adoption

HBAR specifically.

With arbitrum, all of etheriums issues got solved. Ada isn’t bringing anything to the table imho. But to each their own

anything claiming eth killer should be immediately dismissed. There will never be an eth killer.
It is unfinished and slow because it is perfect. ETH will never solve its gas problem or other problems.

You guys are so excited about deciding whether Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer is better, and laughing at Chrome because it's not ready yet.

It will run over them like a freight train.

Faceplanted

It is unfinished and slow because it is perfect. ETH will never solve its gas problem or other problems.

You guys are so excited about deciding whether Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer is better, and laughing at Chrome because it's not ready yet.

It will run over them like a freight train.
What companies are going to use ada?

I stated before, eth scaling has been solved as of 2 weeks ago via arbitrum. Matic also offers a different solution. Instead of a roll up like arbitrum, Matic is a sidechain solution.

as I said, I don’t think ada will see any large scale adoption. First mover is huge in this sector, especially when first mover has a 4/5 year advantage.

wilberforce15

What companies are going to use ada?

I stated before, eth scaling has been solved as of 2 weeks ago via arbitrum. Matic also offers a different solution. Instead of a roll up like arbitrum, Matic is a sidechain solution.

as I said, I don’t think ada will see any large scale adoption. First mover is huge in this sector, especially when first mover has a 4/5 year advantage.
First mover is a huge advantage, until substantively better options worth the transition are available. The blockchain space will be big enough for all of the biggest alt-coins to win.

wilberforce15

Our primary divergence is on the level of optimism about ETH fixing its problems. There is a whole lot of money and brainpower thrown into ETH to make it work. That gives it a better likelihood than many expect.

But ADA was developed with far more foresight from the ground up, and time will tell if the level of benefit will be worth the wait.

wilberforce15

Relevant.

Attachments

• original_347408027.png
    original_347408027.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 57

Faceplanted

Our primary divergence is on the level of optimism about ETH fixing its problems. There is a whole lot of money and brainpower thrown into ETH to make it work. That gives it a better likelihood than many expect.

But ADA was developed with far more foresight from the ground up, and time will tell if the level of benefit will be worth the wait.
The problem is already 100% fixed. Look into arbitrum.

like I said, ada will probably pump, its the reddit coin, but when the bear comes only a few coins will stand. I don’t see cardano as one of them. For Charlie to not understand the importance of smart contracts shows how much of a joke cardano is. I just sat through his lex Feldman interview, he is cringe.

reddit does not understand blockchain is 100% useless without smart contracts and oracles to feed real world data into this contracts.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers

like I said, ada will probably pump, its the reddit coin, but when the bear comes only a few coins will stand. I don’t see cardano as one of them. For Charlie to not understand the importance of smart contracts shows how much of a joke cardano is. I just sat through his lex Feldman interview, he is cringe.

reddit does not understand blockchain is 100% useless without smart contracts and oracles to feed real world data into this contracts.
But but but …..Africa and Cardano is going to be used for report cards for Ethiopians and and and economic identity for unbanked Africans …. Ummm…. Yeah

wilberforce15

Why do you think ADA isn't tackling smart contracts?

Alonzo is scheduled for full completion in September. Plus the ERC20 converter. And 70% of ada is staked. It's better from the ground-up, rather than a patchwork of fixes and upgrades.

wilberforce15

So, you listened to 5 hours of an AI researcher at MIT who says that a mathematician, who helped develop ETH, has one of the deepest knowledge sets on crypto he's ever seen.

And you're saying that they fundamentally don't get it, and that it's a reddit coin.

Right.

wilberforce15

Good luck fren
I mean, you don't seem to know or understand cardano. Smart contracts are where it will shine the most, and you think it won't have them. Calling MIT and math people dumb.

They can be wrong. But they cannot be dumb. And it's ironic that the guy who 'doesn't get it' is a codeveloper of the thing you love most.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Why do you think ADA isn't tackling smart contracts?

Alonzo is scheduled for full completion in September. Plus the ERC20 converter. And 70% of ada is staked. It's better from the ground-up, rather than a patchwork of fixes and upgrades.
Staked Ada means nothing , you can sell it as quickly as unstaked Ada. Keep listening to your Cryptoviser videos.

wilberforce15

Staked Ada means nothing , you can sell it as quickly as unstaked Ada. Keep listening to your Cryptoviser videos.
Almost as quickly.

But it doesn't mean nothing.

It reflects a more intentional and knowledgeable investor set, because staking isn't as easy as buying and storing on an exchange. So, it means that a disproportionate number of ADA holders are active, knowledgeable crypto people.