Black Friday pay ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wanna bet? Unlike multiple people here, I have no problem taking myself out of service. Then again, I also have 3 option days left I could burn, to give you an idea of my attendance.

I run out of days long before I run out of year.

My goal is to work from 1/2/18 thru 4/30/18 without taking any time off so that I can retire on my very first day of eligibility.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Enjoy it as this will be the last year for the BF holiday pay.

I'm expecting some kinda trade off in out local language for BF. we are one of the very few locals that can't be forced to work on a holiday. probly another floating oph triple time day like they did for us with election day. we also have language in or supplement that states no oph requests have to be honored the week of thanksgiving through December so that's not an option for us.

Nimnim

The Nim
Do we still get holiday pay for Friday? We have in years past, but im curious if anything has changed. Thx in advance

This is the last year of the current contract. If you got paid for it before you will get paid for it again. The new contract may change this. Even if you don't care or pay attention to the union at least pay attention to the years the contract is applicable for. It can save you questions when something happens the year before and the contract hasn't changed, though with respect to Black Friday we're working it even though the contract hasn't changed. . .

Nimnim

The Nim
Not necessarily. The reason we got Black friday holiday pay AND New Years Eve holiday pay is because we work through a lot of minor holiday's. If the teamster negotiators forget that then they may give it away.

No we're likely going to lose Black Friday as a holiday, it's been worked the last 3 now 4 years, hopefully it either stays so we get the bonus pay for working the holiday or we get another day or an optional day to take off. I sadly don't have faith in the negotiators to achieve any of what I just said.