Black Friday

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
You should totally tell your full timer that you won't be there on Friday. Most importantly, make sure you tell him you've been there for 2 months and you've never called in. YOU EARNED IT!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You should totally tell your full timer that you won't be there on Friday. Most importantly, make sure you tell him you've been there for 2 months and you've never called in. YOU EARNED IT!
The crossed out and highlighted in red isn't needed, the first sentence will suffice, used at least one hour before start time.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'd be careful here. I think the break in period is 90 days now so you could be on the chopping block if you make a big deal out of this. To be terribly honest, if you really don't need this job, I'd make the Wednesday before Thanksgiving my last day. But it's a rough economy and no one is going to blame you for having to work. The choice is yours. And I'm assuming you're pretty young still since you think that not calling in for a few months is suppose to garner favor. It doesn't...so don't be upset if you get a few giggles or a few folks on here give you a ration of :censored2: about it.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm reasonably sure that only preload and reload/twilight are expected to work full days. I don't think trailer volume is moving anywhere. I could be wrong about other areas, but this is the case methinks in my neck of the woods.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm reasonably sure that only preload and reload/twilight are expected to work full days. I don't think trailer volume is moving anywhere. I could be wrong about other areas, but this is the case methinks in my neck of the woods.
Make sure you demand your 4 or 8 hours on black friday. If they want everyone, they should be getting everyone whether they need them or not.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You're going to have to stay and work it. You've been here two months. You don't get any special treatment for that.

You'll learn quick here you're going to miss a lot of out of town stuff. Im spending Christmas and Thanksgiving alone. Enjoy the peace and quiet along with the day off. I know I will

guccimane96

I'd be careful here. I think the break in period is 90 days now so you could be on the chopping block if you make a big deal out of this. To be terribly honest, if you really don't need this job, I'd make the Wednesday before Thanksgiving my last day. But it's a rough economy and no one is going to blame you for having to work. The choice is yours. And I'm assuming you're pretty young still since you think that not calling in for a few months is suppose to garner favor. It doesn't...so don't be upset if you get a few giggles or a few folks on here give you a ration of :censored2: about it.

The break in period is 30 days and this isn't a huge thing, it's something I was curious about.

Also, I don't think not calling in for 2 months garners any kind of favor, I just mentioned that to show I have no occurrences and this would be my first time calling in So that's an incorrect assumption.

guccimane96

You're going to have to stay and work it. You've been here two months. You don't get any special treatment for that.

You'll learn quick here you're going to miss a lot of out of town stuff. Im spending Christmas and Thanksgiving alone. Enjoy the peace and quiet along with the day off. I know I will

Once again, being here two months was just a thing I thought I should mention to simply mention it, not get special treatment for it.

Enjoy your lonely holidays!

Future

Victory Ride
4ffb838385e7bb0d42975d94b996b697.jpg
Once again, being here two months was just a thing I thought I should mention to simply mention it, not get special treatment for it.

Enjoy your lonely holidays!

undies

Suck it up and go to work. I don't know how seriously you take this job...but if this will be a yearly occurrence, management will notice. Just quit now and make room for someone who is really dedicated.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been at UPS for about two months now (I work out on the ramp at night) and I've heard that we have to come in on black friday this year. Every year I go out of town with my family for thanksgiving and we always stay to do all the black friday junk so I probably won't be able to make it to work that Thursday or Friday night. Would I be in any kind of trouble if I let my sup. know i won't be able to come in, cause I know this is when peak starts up but I have yet to call in or miss any days. Thanks.
Wow rwo whole months and you never called in? You win a cookie!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes, you have to work. If you choose not to, they won't can you (and since you've only been there 2 months, you don't get paid holidays anyway).

So, there's really not much of a downside, other than your sups being ticked off at you, but they're always ticked about something

watdaflock?

Whats everyone's guess on the volume for Black Friday? I understand we've delivered air in the past but this BF will also be ground.

Ya think a light day overall or something close to normal?