Black Friday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We will be working Black Friday for the rest of our careers.

My personal view for the next contract, I'd like the union to move that working holiday over to MLK day in January.
I'd prefer veterans day but yes it should be replaced with another holiday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Some will be told to be happy they have a job and McDonald's is always hiring. ;)
images-2.jpeg
Lol I'll take a #2...no pickles...

gorilla75jdw

How is anybody being "forced" , is management putting a gun to anybody's head ? , if you get any paper form of discipline , file a grievance on it . It's just just like any other day and the ones of you that are over hyping management's decision to give discipline or not must not know how to battle back at them .

UPS4Life

Think about this, you're a Sunday-Thursday. You don't work on a normal Friday, so why should this now "normal" Friday be any different
Holidays have always been done based on seniority. Anybody on the on call board has the right to work Sunday if they choose. So because they "choose" not to you're telling me they're now forced to work double time and I fall at the tail of the day and I'm losing Thursday so I wouldn't have worked 5 days. Yes I get holiday pay for Thursday but that's not a punch

Sent using BrownCafe App

clean hairy

Holidays have always been done based on seniority. Anybody on the on call board has the right to work Sunday if they choose. So because they "choose" not to you're telling me they're now forced to work double time and I fall at the tail of the day and I'm losing Thursday so I wouldn't have worked 5 days. Yes I get holiday pay for Thursday but that's not a punch

Sent using BrownCafe App
Clarify that for me if you would. Holidays count as a day worked which would also count as a day reporting to work. Or, am I missing something here?

Overpaid Union Thug

Pick up the phone......Dial the seven digits ....eat leftover turkey and watch football the rest of the day. Normal operating day? We have call-ins on normal operating days no?
Or just come to work. Every call in will result in a route being cut and that work getting cramned onto other people's trucks. Or supervisors running those routes.

OPTION3

Or just come to work. Every call in will result in a route being cut and that work getting cramned onto other people's trucks. Or supervisors running those routes.
nope.....I refuse to let family time be influenced by work that gets crammed onto your car....or sups working.....enjoy my share of packages and extra OVERTIME/ Money

OPTION3

How is anybody being "forced" , is management putting a gun to anybody's head ? , if you get any paper form of discipline , file a grievance on it . It’s just just like any other day and the ones of you that are over hyping management’s decision to give discipline or not must not know how to battle back at them .
Yup ...In my local..we get all new OPTION3 days a month later....before the next local hearing.....discipline will have NO teeth

gorilla75jdw

It's all a joke . The main ones asking all the questions about working on black Friday are the ones that want to be at work anyways. Everybody should know to treat that paid holiday just like any other paid holiday .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's all a joke . The main ones asking all the questions about working on black Friday are the ones that want to be at work anyways. Everybody should know to treat that paid holiday just like any other paid holiday .
Agreed....but if we weren't getting double time and a guarantee ....I'd sleep in that day.