Black Friday

oldngray

nowhere special
BlackFridayBeer.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We are running a full contingent of routes. Allowing one vacation day and 2 optional days. Also allowing drivers to be on call based on seniority. That's todays plan anyway.

Overpaid Union Thug

nope.....I refuse to let family time be influenced by work that gets crammed onto your car....or sups working.....enjoy my share of packages and extra OVERTIME/ Money
In others words......you are willing to screw others with your own selfishness. But keep telling yourself "but its a paid holiday so I don't have to come." and your conscience will be clear.

Last edited:

OPTION3

In others words......you are willing to screw others with your own selfishness. But keep telling yourself "but its a paid holiday so I don't have to come." and your conscience will be clear.
you have the ability to call in right? quit your crying.........I suppose you NEVER call-in? So you HAVE screwed your fellow employes then......quit your crying.....man up .....if you wanna work...work....if you wanna day off call in

OPTION3

If you are getting screwed by me calling in....I’m a WAY more important cog in the machine...and should receive a lot more money

Overpaid Union Thug

you have the ability to call in right? quit your crying.........I suppose you NEVER call-in? So you HAVE screwed your fellow employes then......quit your crying.....man up .....if you wanna work...work....if you wanna day off call in
If you are getting screwed by me calling in....I’m a WAY more important cog in the machine...and should receive a lot more money
I think you are a little confused. Manning up is coming to work when you are supposed to and not only when it is convenient for you. And don't claim to be a cog in anything if you aren't even going to be there. How stupid can you get? You can trick yourself into thinking you are right any way that you wish at my expense but all that will matter is that I will be the one that showed up for work while you are the one that didn't because of your selfishness.

OPTION3

I think you are a little confused. Manning up is coming to work when you are supposed to and not only when it is convenient for you. And don't claim to be a cog in anything if you aren't even going to be there. How stupid can you get? You can trick yourself into thinking you are right any way that you wish at my expense but all that will matter is that I will be the one that showed up for work while you are the one that didn't because of your selfishness.
I noticed you skillfully avoided the question about what happens to your co-workers when YOU call in to work......You keep swallowing the company Kool-aid-----Strong Back Weak mind....Enjoy your overtime!

Overpaid Union Thug

I noticed you skillfully avoided the question about what happens to your co-workers when YOU call in to work......You keep swallowing the company Kool-aid-----Strong Back Weak mind....Enjoy your overtime!

Weak mind? KoolaId? In my 16 years I've called in maybe three, four times (not really sure because its so rare) and all but one were because I was sick enough that I was physically incapable of working. The other, which was my first ever, was to attend a Monday Night Football game and was during my first year at UPS when I was a young 21 year old. Ya know..... with an immature attitude that led me to believe that this was my world and everyone else was just in it and that my actions, or in this case INACTION, could affect others nor did I care. Sound familiar?

Luckily I snapped out of it right after that first selfish call in and slowly but surely I started to grow up and realize that a work ethic didn't only just apply to when I was at work. I realized that coming to work or not when I'm supposed to had an affect on far more than my own selfish desires. What you are doing is just that.....worrying about your own selfish desires and screwing others in the process.

You can make smart ass remarks about buying coffe from now until the end if the Earth but it doesn't erase the fact that people like you aren't reliable. People like you make little jokes about the very people you screw over and have no remorse in doing so. The rest of us just have to take it but at least we are dependable and more specifically......
WE SHOW UP.

Oh by the way........I want to work the day after Thanksgiving. What I don't want is to be the guy that ends up with a 10.5 day instead of a 9 hour day (triple pay or not) all because some selfish man child doesn't show up to pull their own weight. Yeah......that's that thing about affecting others I mentioned a few paragraphs before. But we all know how you feel about that.

Last edited:

OPTION3

Weak mind? KoolaId? In my 16 years I've called in maybe three, four times (not really sure because its so rare) and all but one were because I was sick enough that I was physically incapable of working. The other, which was my first ever, was to attend a Monday Night Football game and was during my first year at UPS when I was a young 21 year old. Ya know..... with an immature attitude that led me to believe that this was my world and everyone else was just in it and that my actions, or in this case INACTION, could affect others nor did I care. Sound familiar?

Luckily I snapped out of it right after that first selfish call in and slowly but surely I started to grow up and realize that a work ethic didn't only just apply to when I was at work. I realized that coming to work or not when I'm supposed to had an affect on far more than my own selfish desires. What you are doing is just that.....worrying about your own selfish desires and screwing others in the process.

You can make smart ass remarks about buying coffe from now until the end if the Earth but it doesn't erase the fact that people like you aren't reliable. People like you make little jokes about the very people you screw over and have no remorse in doing so. The rest of us just have to take it but at least we are dependable and more specifically......
WE SHOW UP.

Oh by the way........I want to work the day after Thanksgiving. What I don't want is to be the guy that ends up with a 10.5 day instead of a 9 hour day (triple pay or not) all because some selfish man child doesn't show up to pull their own weight. Yeah......that's that thing about affecting others I mentioned a few paragraphs before. But we all know how you feel about that.
I get 7 option 3 days a year as afforded me in the contract.... I use everyone of them.....Oh...By the way I also get 6 paid vacation weeks a year as well that I have EARNED in my 28 year career.....Do you hate all of your brothers for using those days as well? As to selfishness ...you say in your own words ...”What I don’t want is to be the guy that ends up with a 10.5 day instead of a 9 hour day (triple pay or not) all because some selfish man child doesn’t show up to pull their own weight.”...sounds kinda selfish to me, who, wants to exercise his right to use an option day. You are totally directing the blame to the wrong person. In my LONG career at ups (before we were afforded option days) I had 0 call-ins and to this day have never Been late to work.... I am also a Circle of honor recipient (sounds kind of dependable to me). With all that said... I have NEVER Begrudged another employee for taking a day off of work EVEN if it means I am out LATE.....That sounds REALLY selfish and “me” minded to me, I usually hold management to blame for poor planning. But, Hey you go on and call people names for wanting to be with their families...I applaud them! BTW my conscience is CRYSTAL clear.....and will be in 2 years when I am retired, sitting around with my grandchildren or fishing with them......don’t hate me because you are out late delivering packages. I am selfish in one aspect though, I won’t be giving you or anyone else working a second thought.

Last edited:

OPTION3

Also, I find it funny that my reasons for not missing work and your reasons for not missing work are probably WAYYY different........Just a thought

Overpaid Union Thug

I get 7 option 3 days a year as afforded me in the contract.... I use everyone of them.....Oh...By the way I also get 6 paid vacation weeks a year as well that I have EARNED in my 28 year career.....Do you hate all of your brothers for using those days as well? As to selfishness ...you say in your own words ...”What I don’t want is to be the guy that ends up with a 10.5 day instead of a 9 hour day (triple pay or not) all because some selfish man child doesn’t show up to pull their own weight.”...sounds kinda selfish to me, who, wants to exercise his right to use an option day. You are totally directing the blame to the wrong person. In my LONG career at ups (before we were afforded option days) I had 0 call-ins and to this day have never Been late to work.... I am also a Circle of honor recipient (sounds kind of dependable to me). With all that said... I have NEVER Begrudged another employee for taking a day off of work EVEN if it means I am out LATE.....That sounds REALLY selfish and “me” minded to me, I usually hold management to blame for poor planning. But, Hey you go on and call people names for wanting to be with their families...I applaud them! BTW my conscience is CRYSTAL clear.....and will be in 2 years when I am retired, sitting around with my grandchildren or fishing with them......don’t hate me because you are out late delivering packages. I am selfish in one aspect though, I won’t be giving you or anyone else working a second thought.

You said nothing about option days or being on vacation that week. And now you are trying to toss that into the party late like it's a secret weapon that you've been waiting to use when needed to pull yourself out of that deepening hole you keep sinking yourself into with each selfish comment.

And this isn't only about me but since you are still attempting to redirect the issue to me...... Short of the extremely low amount of times I actually called in sick I've never used an option day without at least a week notice. Unlike people such as yourself that wait until the morning of and leaving those that they affect with their inconsiderate actions scrambling to compensate.

And your supposedly stellar attendance record of the past doesn't negate your present day selfish actions. Not by a long shot. Saving an option day for a holiday workday that most employees that show up wouldn't be working had they not been instructed to is a low blow regardless of how many years of service you have, how many option days you have, or any superlatives you can list. Especially if you wait until the morning of to call in. If you can't see how screwed up your attitude is by now then you never will. Just keep counting the days I guess. Its all about you.

OPTION3

You said nothing about option days or being on vacation that week. And now you are trying to toss that into the party late like it's a secret weapon that you've been waiting to use when needed to pull yourself out of that deepening hole you keep sinking yourself into with each selfish comment.

And this isn't only about me but since you are still attempting to redirect the issue to me...... Short of the extremely low amount of times I actually called in sick I've never used an option day without at least a week notice. Unlike people such as yourself that wait until the morning of and leaving those that they affect with their inconsiderate actions scrambling to compensate.

And your supposedly stellar attendance record of the past doesn't negate your present day selfish actions. Not by a long shot. Saving an option day for a holiday workday that most employees that show up wouldn't be working had they not been instructed to is a low blow regardless of how many years of service you have, how many option days you have, or any superlatives you can list. Especially if you wait until the morning of to call in. If you can't see how screwed up your attitude is by now then you never will. Just keep counting the days I guess. Its all about you.
You see...I don’t ask the company for permission to use my option days.....I use them..... Is it using option days and vacations during this week that upsets you...or ANY week during the year?(especially if it makes you work late).....I Never said anything about option days because in your selfishness you never asked nor cared....I AM counting the days... do you think I’m selfish for that as well?...I used to have some of the same views as you when I was younger.......One day hopefully when it’s not too late you will wake up and learn to not put packages before people...especially family. I Sincerely hope you get your 8 hour day on Black Friday

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If I am forced to work Green Friday I will be there. I won't like it but I will be there. I get the feeling that if you call off you will be putting a huge target on yourself. You have every right to call off but expect the total nitpick anal probe for the duration.

OPTION3

If I am forced to work Green Friday I will be there. I won't like it but I will be there. I get the feeling that if you call off you will be putting a huge target on yourself. You have every right to call off but expect the total nitpick anal probe for the duration.
In my building most guys get that anyway

Overpaid Union Thug

You see...I don’t ask the company for permission to use my option days.....I use them..... Is it using option days and vacations during this week that upsets you...or ANY week during the year?(especially if it makes you work late).....I Never said anything about option days because in your selfishness you never asked nor cared....I AM counting the days... do you think I’m selfish for that as well?...I used to have some of the same views as you when I was younger.......One day hopefully when it’s not too late you will wake up and learn to not put packages before people...especially family. I Sincerely hope you get your 8 hour day on Black Friday
So, does this mean you aren't coming the day after Thanksgiving?