Blaming The Hourly

vantexan

FedEx has to do what is in the best interest of the corporation as a whole. "FedEx It" has been replaced by "how cheaply can I get it there?". Service has given way to the bottom line. As bbsam said, investors want to see results and don't necessarily care how those results are achieved. Buyouts have not produced the desired results. Shifting non-priority work to Ground and converting Express to a part-time opco may be their only option at this point.

Buyouts are taking place in 3 waves. And there are other components to their plan. The goal is $3.8Billion in profit by 2016 so why the expectation for instant results? Not defending what they're doing but let's not panic people. Last year layoffs and 5 hr splits and 3 day freight being shifted to Ground were all supposed to have happened by now if you believe everything written here. I've no doubt changes are coming, are already happening, and they aren't in our best interest. Where I'm at the route goals can't be met without working on my break. If I do that I'm pretty much giving back at least 5 years worth of raises. We need to stand up for ourselves but let's stick to what's actually happening, not conjecture.

Upstate fully realizes just how fortunate he is. Upstate would also know when it is time to grab a life jacket and abandon ship.
They should of gave us hourlies a chance to take a buyout, but they know most of us would of taken it with how bad its become. They really do hate us. People don't know how it is until it happens to them. Say you invest 5 to 20 years at Ups just to have them 180 on you. Thats time you don't get back. I also wish I could get my fresh joints and a less damaged body back. Yea its a time to jump ship but the process is never easy.

Now would be a good time, but a lot of us want to take the captain and the rest of the officers down with us. Captain Smith charted the course, gave the order to steam at high speed through iceberg-laced waters, and then slammed the berg full force. Even though the ship was heavily damaged, Smith backed-up, and then proceeded to ram the iceberg again and again at full speed.

Then, he blamed the passengers.
Exactly, it truly is a sight coming into work these days.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They should of gave us hourlies a chance to take a buyout, but they know most of us would of taken it with how bad its become. They really do hate us. People don't know how it is until it happens to them. Say you invest 5 to 20 years at Ups just to have them 180 on you. Thats time you don't get back. I also wish I could get my fresh joints and a less damaged body back. Yea its a time to jump ship but the process is never easy.

That's what the UPS'ers and Ground people don't understand...the 180 part. Express completely reversed itself in terms of it's treatment of employees, and then everyone wonders why we are pissed. One day we're gold, and the next day we're crap. If the same thing happened at UPS, it would be huge. But, they have a union, and it would never happen.

bbsam

Staff member
Of course not. I want you to admit once and for all that you never really gave a damn about Episode7, Home Delivery, Code82, or any other Ground driver that ever showed up here. Sure you cheered about whatever bitch against Ground they may have had, but really, they deserved it, right? They really are the red headed bastard step children of the company. Right?

MAKAVELI

Of course not. I want you to admit once and for all that you never really gave a damn about Episode7, Home Delivery, Code82, or any other Ground driver that ever showed up here. Sure you cheered about whatever bitch against Ground they may have had, but really, they deserved it, right? They really are the red headed bastard step children of the company. Right?
Oh now you want to pretend to care for the very drivers that you exploit to generate your six figure income. You are classic bro. You don't know me from Adam and sure as hell don't know who and what I care about. You can try to justify it to yourself and your family but you are just like the farmer sitting in his mansion while the immigrants labor away to just put food on the table and a roof over their head.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't have to justify anything, bro. But your BS is coming full circle and everybody can see it. You hate Ground and anyone associated with it.

MAKAVELI

I don't have to justify anything, bro. But your BS is coming full circle and everybody can see it. You hate Ground and anyone associated with it.
I don't think I ever used the word hate on this forum. My bs? You're funny bro. I think you just got all butt hurt cause you got called on your bullshi t.:confused:

vantexan

​No, they are the red headed bastard step children of the contractors' companies....

fedupped

Of course not. I want you to admit once and for all that you never really gave a damn about Episode7, Home Delivery, Code82, or any other Ground driver that ever showed up here. Sure you cheered about whatever bitch against Ground they may have had, but really, they deserved it, right? They really are the red headed bastard step children of the company. Right?[/QUOTE
What u got against red heads?????