Blatant Entrapment

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If they were purposely mis-loaded by management why hasn't someone told the customer about it so they can complain. I would raise holy hell if I knew some idiot management person had sent a driver on a wild goose chase with my stuff. I would start with a corporate complaint and get in touch with the local media.
They don't use actual customer packages for this stuff, they generate a fake barcode/address and slap it on an empty box.

I've never had a problem with them salting the loads, the only drivers who get in trouble are the ones who aren't doing their job. It's funny that op is upset about that message because the center manager is actually doing all the slackers a favor by giving them a heads up, if he was really out to fire people he wouldn't have given a warning he just would have waited til the following morning and fired the drivers who didn't report the salts.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
That's what I love about forums... In one thread, it's been suggested I get fired and walked off property AND that I'm an asskisser. Gotta love it.
Welcome to brown cafe, just insult everyone and you will fit right in

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
They don't use actual customer packages for this stuff, they generate a fake barcode/address and slap it on an empty box.

I've never had a problem with them salting the loads, the only drivers who get in trouble are the ones who aren't doing their job. It's funny that op is upset about that message because the center manager is actually doing all the slackers a favor by giving them a heads up, if he was really out to fire people he wouldn't have given a warning he just would have waited til the following morning and fired the drivers who didn't report the salts.
I never meant to seem upset about this. I just had never heard of "salts". I would deliver my misloads but a 9.5 violation would prohibit me to. Just an observation is all.

govols019

You smell that?
LOL... maybe misloads work differently in your center. If it's something I can easily deliver, I scan it when I find it. If not... yeah, I'm not burning an extra hour every day to run misloads, because that's what it'd be.

It's called your job...if you don't want to do it....quit.

DOK

Anybody else ever seen this before. Basically, the center manager ods'd a message saying he purposely placed 6 misloads in different trucks to see who will report it and try to catch people not scanning packages. I thought it was pretty ballsy on them to announce this practice. Any thoughts? View attachment 69307

Been happening for the decades I've been there, do your job, no worries.

ManInBrown

Anybody else ever seen this before. Basically, the center manager ods'd a message saying he purposely placed 6 misloads in different trucks to see who will report it and try to catch people not scanning packages. I thought it was pretty ballsy on them to announce this practice. Any thoughts? View attachment 69307
Wow. In my entire driving career only one time did I not message in a misload. I had somewhere to be and I knew they would direct me to deliver it. I know salting goes on, but I'm shocked that the center manager so readily admitted it thru communication

oldngray

nowhere special
Wow. In my entire driving career only one time did I not message in a misload. I had somewhere to be and I knew they would direct me to deliver it. I know salting goes on, but I'm shocked that the center manager so readily admitted it thru communication

You only find out about salting if you do something wrong. Do what you are supposed to do and you will never hear about it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Scan and send message. What is the problem?

I know the problem. Drivers are afraid they will be forced to deliver the off route.

I'm sure a picture of the message sent to a certain email address in Atlanta would get said center manager in the hot seat Monday. This as dishonest as it gets. But management can do what they want, when they want.

jaker

trolling
Not a big deal in my center , or center manager sends those out all the time just to light a fire under guys to not have them show up on a report

They will tell us in a pcm that there is 6 salts in the hub and even message later saying that 2 are still not reported

I erk off my center manager and had salts in my truck 3 days in a row and yes they use customers packages ,

I can tell a salt pkg easy wrong belt , wrong side of belt and wrong truck I know my loader isn't great but he is not that bad

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL... maybe misloads work differently in your center. If it's something I can easily deliver, I scan it when I find it. If not... yeah, I'm not burning an extra hour every day to run misloads, because that's what it'd be.

You are pathetic. People like you deserve whatever happens to them. You are the type of person that finds a misload and not only won't scan it but will plant it on another truck when you return to the center. Just do your damn job.
If they were purposely mis-loaded by management why hasn't someone told the customer about it so they can complain. I would raise holy hell if I knew some idiot management person had sent a driver on a wild goose chase with my stuff. I would start with a corporate complaint and get in touch with the local media.

If the drivers that are salted would simply do their jobs and scan them when they find them then those customers would receive their packages as planned. Where I would have a problem with it would be when the supervisor uses a commercial stop and places it in the back of someone's truck. Clowns like the guy I quoted above are the ones that ruin things for the rest of us.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

I hate drivers like you! When you scan the misload it comes out of the board of the driver who should have it. Because you are a tool, another driver wastes their time looking for something that is not on his truck. Grow the **** up and do your job!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I only suggest doing that if the normal methods for having misloads addressed fail... when you have double digit misloads everyday for weeks only to be told to run them yourself, being considerate to other drivers kinda' takes a backseat to getting to see your family on a weekday.

The 9.5 list is there for a reason. Because you don't have the balls to use it another driver or drivers have to pay the price?!?!

GROW THE **** UP AND DO YOUR JOB!

ManInBrown

And auditing a car does not remove misloads. We've already had this discussion at PCM. A drivers car was audited and had 3 misloads and questioned it during PCM. Was told auditing does not remove misloads

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The latest thing in my Center is they are going after drivers for not following Methods. They fired one last week for attendance and are cracking down on appearance standards. Yesterday I rode with a driver on my route that is on the Division Manager's list for excessive overtime. There are extra trained drivers this time of the year after Peak Season, its a good time to thin a few out is what I've heard.