Blatant Entrapment

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part of the problem is management as well. If the driver thinks they will make him/her break off to give someone the off route, the driver thinks twice about reporting. Find a missed late and the management team will screw you rather than have a missed on some report.

Dr.Brownz

The 9.5 list is there for a reason. Because you don't have the balls to use it another driver or drivers have to pay the price?!?!

GROW THE **** UP AND DO YOUR JOB!

Same as above. Why get angry? Do you need someone to give you a hug and tell you you are the best UPS driver ever?

Holydriver

I dont understand the problem. 85% of my misroutes are missed, 10% are picked up midday by a supe, and the last 5% are delivered by me. Is it really that big an issue for others?

Overpaid Union Thug

I dont understand the problem. 85% of my misroutes are missed, 10% are picked up midday by a supe, and the last 5% are delivered by me. Is it really that big an issue for others?
If you really need to ask that question theni don't even want to imagine all of the problems you cause in your center.

Yes, you must scan the misloads and scan them as soon as you find them. It lets the other driver know they don't have to waste time and energy searching for it. It also gives the center an opportunity to arrange to make service on the stop. Why is that so hard for you people to understand? I guess it's just another example of that selfish "ME ME ME ME" attitude the younger generation come to work with these days. And, sadly, there are a few veteran drivers that have adopted that disease of an attitude.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I just don't understand your attitude. Its the internet dude

The tool loaded next to me does this. My route has 4 cities/towns. When I have a not found I piss away 5-10 mins making sure its not on my truck before moving on because going back is a PITA! 10 mins digging in the back for a not found because this joke won't do his job blows! Doing it during the summer is criminal....IMO!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The rule used to be that we had to go through the truck and report all misloads by 1400, not sure if they still do that.

Overpaid Union Thug

The latest thing in my Center is they are going after drivers for not following Methods. They fired one last week for attendance and are cracking down on appearance standards. Yesterday I rode with a driver on my route that is on the Division Manager's list for excessive overtime. There are extra trained drivers this time of the year after Peak Season, its a good time to thin a few out is what I've heard.
I think you guys get allot of that because of your proximity to corporate headquarters. Here we'll hear about it but management will really put forth no effort on the matter. It's just lip service because they have to say it.

They've have tried some harassment rides (they call them OJSs or lock in rides) but we squash that shiiiat like a bug. They go after one guy EVERY SINGLE YEAR to no avail.

Overpaid Union Thug

The tool loaded next to me does this. My route has 4 cities/towns. When I have a not found I piss away 5-10 mins making sure its not on my truck before moving on because going back is a PITA! 10 mins digging in the back for a not found because this joke won't do his job blows! Doing it during the summer is criminal....IMO!
Yes there's nothing quite as fun as digging through what is essentially an oven on wheels for nothing because of these pricks. I honestly would not have any remorse for these people should they get fired. None. Zilch! In the summer months I might even hold the door open for security to walk those bastards out. Might even have a smile in my face.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
LOL... maybe misloads work differently in your center. If it's something I can easily deliver, I scan it when I find it. If not... yeah, I'm not burning an extra hour every day to run misloads, because that's what it'd be.
Drivers like you are the reason we have to salt.

ManInBrown

They don't use actual customer packages for this stuff, they generate a fake barcode/address and slap it on an empty box.
How can this be true? They have to use real packages. What does Mrs Smith do when she gets an empty box delivered to her house. She calls up and they explain we salted a drivers car. Don't mind the empty box.

And if it's a fake address also, then why would a driver not message it in. He doesn't have to deliver it. Sheet NSS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can this be true? They have to use real packages. What does Mrs Smith do when she gets an empty box delivered to her house. She calls up and they explain we salted a drivers car. Don't mind the empty box.

And if it's a fake address also, then why would a driver not message it in. He doesn't have to deliver it. Sheet NSS

When they are trying to catch a dishonest driver they will use a package with a fictitious address so as not to compromise service.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some use fakes. Some use real resis that are loaded in the early part of the day. I'd be happy if either method was used here.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The salt is a misload way off your area so you won't be delivering to Mrs Smith. You either scan it as a misload or call it in just like you're supposed to do.

ManInBrown

The salt is a misload way off your area so you won't be delivering to Mrs Smith. You either scan it as a misload or call it in just like you're supposed to do.
Out of center, or just way off area? Because here it doesn't matter how far away it is, if its in center we are instructed to deliver 100% of the time

clean hairy

Had this mgr once who would do these dirty tricks .
I was a 22.3 Customer Counter clerk / pm air driver . Hardly ever did I do a day at the counter , mgr keep me on the road all day doing meets with drivers . Quite often I had to drive right past the address on the pkgs to meet a driver , but I was forbidden to do any actual stops .
So one morning I called into the office , the mgr is angry that a pkg which he put into my PC the day before wasn't given to a driver . I told him no meet was ever set up for that driver , I looked for the driver but ran out of time because I had to take my lunch and start my pickups .
Well he demanded that from now on I skip my lunch and continue to do meets until pass my pick up commits time . I said ok . Left the building . Had me a 2 hour lunch that day .
That would have been a grievance real quick!
"I am now instucted to work in violation of DOT rules and not take a lunch"
I would like to see them explain that one to their bosses!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Out of center, or just way off area? Because here it doesn't matter how far away it is, if its in center we are instructed to deliver 100% of the time
You're still required to report it at which point your center team will just tell you to bring it back. As has been said, if you're doing your job this isn't something that you'll ever have to worry about.

Re-Raise

I send a misload message as soon as I find it so the other driver doesn't have to look for it.

As far as running a misload for $50+ an hour, why the hell not?

I have been at UPS for 30 yrs and I still remember unloading trailers for about $20 a morning for the preload.

And people complain because UPS wants to pay them to drive out of their way to deliver one package?? That is the easiest money ever made at UPS!