Bloodbath

PPH_over_9000

It's like everybody said there's no reason to come to work early and work off the clock

Load quality is not your problem

Load quality absolutely has an impact, though.

I get what y'all are saying. It makes sense and I respect it, and I'm going to do my damndest to follow the herd on this one.
After a few weeks I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I gotta be honest, though, I still prefer taking the last of my lunch at home at the end of the day. That's gonna be next on the list for things I need to work on, but it's really nice to check in on the dogs before one :censored2:s everywhere.

PPH_over_9000

Here's my take as a guy who did this for 32 years, read every post in this thread, and have seen this situation a thousand times. You coming in and, as you put it, "massaging the load" undercuts you're very own complaint to management about the quality of your load. The only thing management ever responds to is the numbers. Verbal complaints from drivers fall on deaf ears. The only thing that will get them to light a fire under the loader's butt will be either you running very late, or not finishing at all resulting in service failures. Coming in and sorting off the clock is allowing you to run, I'm guessing, on time, or close to it. They're saving money, and even more important to management, their preload numbers are looking better in the eyes of their boss because all the loader has to do is toss it in the truck, you're sorting it. Why would they do anything to slow the loader down by doing his job correctly which will definitely be a hit to their numbers, while you're working and picking up the slack for free? At the center I worked, the steward would give you one warning about working off the clock, next time, it was a union fine. So, not only were you working for free and giving up your personal time, you were coming out of pocket too.

A few UPS nevers other than the obvious things that would get you fired...
Never work off the clock.
Never undercut you're own argument. You say in the AM that you're going to be late...make sure you run late. You say your load quality is bad, leave it bad and run late. Etc... Don't be the cries wolf guy.
Never skip your breaks.
Never take your breaks at the building. That just helps them overload you as well. If they want that pickup volume back in the building by a certain time, they'll have to adjust your day to make it happen.
Never burn off your own route. If it's your bid route, use all the methods. Once you burn it off, you've set a new time precedent.
I'm sure I missed a few, but you get the gist.

Jeez, man, somehow I missed this post last night.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out, and that's a great list towards the end of your post.

I don't really feel like you were opening it up to me addressing everything, so I'm just gonna say thank you, brother.

Load quality absolutely has an impact, though.

I get what y'all are saying. It makes sense and I respect it, and I'm going to do my damndest to follow the herd on this one.
After a few weeks I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I gotta be honest, though, I still prefer taking the last of my lunch at home at the end of the day. That's gonna be next on the list for things I need to work on, but it's really nice to check in on the dogs before one :censored2:s everywhere.
Do you have to take an hour lunch?

PPH_over_9000

Well after you do this job long enough it's hard to get fired back up after lunch

Duuuuuuude, I learned that day 1.

That was actually my excuse for when I completely skipped lunch in the beginning. All I want to do is take a nap after I fill my belly.

Now I'm just okay with moving a little bit slower, a little more sluggish for a bit. It doesn't last long but it definitely has an impact.

That was actually my excuse for when I completely skipped lunch in the beginning. All I want to do is take a nap after I fill my belly.

Now I'm just okay with moving a little bit slower, a little more sluggish for a bit. It doesn't last long but it definitely has an impact.
Do it for a couple of decades and it's a little harder to get that freight train to get moving again after lunch

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

I gotta refuel. I can fill the wires getting crossed when I'm hungry.

I usually take three breaks. My paid ten, and split my lunch in half. Ear small portions, check my phone, take a piss and go back at it. I don't like stopping for very long either.

upser2020

One tiny detail for the person who said the economy is doing well(quoted gdp growth sp500 etc) inflation is not below Powells target. His target is 2.0 and I believe as of the last reading we are well over 3.

HarryWarden

One tiny detail for the person who said the economy is doing well(quoted gdp growth sp500 etc) inflation is not below Powells target. His target is 2.0 and I believe as of the last reading we are well over 3.
That was me, and I looked it up and you are right and I was wrong. The rest of the claims are true though. Although those stats don’t mean a whole lot to the working man living week to week, but trump and his supporters constantly brought up
The stock market yet never do now, which I just thought was amusing

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That was me, and I looked it up and you are right and I was wrong. The rest of the claims are true though. Although those stats don’t mean a whole lot to the working man living week to week, but trump and his supporters constantly brought up
The stock market yet never do now, which I just thought was amusing
It will pick up again just like in the 70s

some1else

Banned

There are sources for the claims, what misinformation are you talking about? Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it not true
Just making sure I get it if prices goes up by 5% and people have to spend 5% more to get the same stuff, that would be reported as 5% more spending to go into the gdp number? And you are parroting that as a good thing?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

Don’t eat nasty ass soup like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U does for lunch