Bloodbath

PPH_over_9000

He seems like he knows his sheet, we all coped with our routes differently, and I can tell he’s no rookie. But you don’t work off the clock, period.

You know what?
I'm going to walk in the building at 9:55am tomorrow. Just enough time to walk to my center and punch in. And then I'm not touching a thing. I'm gonna pull out of my bay and hear the tumble of 300+pkgs falling off the shelves and waiting for me to try and make sense of the randomness.

The thought gives me existential dread but I actually trust you, UnionStrong.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I speak for anyone with common sense and a pair of balls between their legs. Anyone who works off the clock is a :censored2: and should be considered a cancer. Your a :censored2:ing idiot. Zero threat to loosing your job, in my own opinion you and people like yourself would have your face beaten in outside of work.
IMG_6863.gif

PPH_over_9000

One peak way short handed cold as balls supe says at pcm you don’t have to take a lunch today if you don’t want to
I never took another lunch if I didn’t want to used that line on them for 15 years
gosh darn, you must be a a hell of a runner

15 years of skipped breaks? Christ

/s
(I actually don't give a :censored2: what you do with your own time. That's why it's yours, to do with as you wish.)

PPH_over_9000

That’s not what I said
Try again but read it real slow

Used that line on them for 15 years. Meaning for 15 years, whenever you didn't want to take a break you used that line.

Read what I wrote again, but slow.

Notice the conspicuous absence of the word "continuous" between "15" and "years."

It's amazing people like you are jumping down my throat for doing the same type of :censored2: you just claimed to have been pulling for 15 years. Just because your manager gave you an out doesn't change right from wrong, or are you all just pulling my chain about there being hard rules to this :censored2:?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Um Wall Street is not the same as Main Street, for whatever reason those numbers are not transitioning over to people buying and shipping. January and February are always slow. That is correct but December is not and it was pretty slow this year.
20231225_090048.jpg

Bought a bunch of crap this year. Only about 2 or 3 packages out of 40ish delivered by UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Used that line on them for 15 years. Meaning for 15 years, whenever you didn't want to take a break you used that line.

Read what I wrote again, but slow.

Notice the conspicuous absence of the word "continuous" between "15" and "years."

It's amazing people like you are jumping down my throat for doing the same type of :censored2: you just claimed to have been pulling for 15 years. Just because your manager gave you an out doesn't change right from wrong, or are you all just pulling my chain about there being hard rules to this :censored2:?
Key phrase is
“If I didn’t want to”

PPH_over_9000

Key phrase is
“If I didn’t want to”

But if I don't want to it's a sin?

Step off the high horse, dude. Hold yourself to the same standards that you seem to want to hold everyone else to.
And I realize you didn't really have any skin in this thread until you posted what I quoted, but you did do that. You made it seem like an explosive statement, and then followed up to say "Yeah, but i've been doing :censored2: like that whenever I wanted for the past 15 years."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
But if I don't want to it's a sin?

Step off the high horse, dude. Hold yourself to the same standards that you seem to want to hold everyone else to.
And I realize you didn't really have any skin in this thread until you posted what I quoted, but you did do that. You made it seem like an explosive statement, and then followed up to say "Yeah, but i've been doing :censored2: like that whenever I wanted for the past 15 years."
And if caught you will be disciplined
They knew what I was doing and could do nothing about it

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You know what?
I'm going to walk in the building at 9:55am tomorrow. Just enough time to walk to my center and punch in. And then I'm not touching a thing. I'm gonna pull out of my bay and hear the tumble of 300+pkgs falling off the shelves and waiting for me to try and make sense of the randomness.

I did the same thing. It’s not easy, but you will be better off in the long run.

PPH_over_9000

And if caught you will be disciplined
They knew what I was doing and could do nothing about it
Caught doing what?

Contrary to popular belief, I take my breaks every single day.

I also don't trust management when they tell me that I don't have to do something that I know I'm supposed to do.

Thebrownblob

You know what?

If you start doing that, it gets easier every day. Literally no stress when I leave the building I can give two :censored2:s about what’s in the truck.

HarryWarden

401K returns have nothing to do with our volume.

Your statistics will be poor comfort to the seniority drivers being laid off here next week.
Almost like those record tax breaks for corporations under the Trump Administration didn’t help the economy all that much

JustDeliverIt

You know what?

Here’s the thing, you do this once and your day sucks. You do it for a week and that week sucks. But eventually, and usually pretty quickly, you get used to it. It’s just how your day goes.

But management will notice as well. They’ll leave you out there the first few days. Then they’ll start sending help because there are service issues. Might even drag you in for a conversation. Let them know that you’re done working for free, if you’re going to go out that heavy you will fix it on the clock when you’re on the road.

They see you doing it, they will eventually change things around because someone above them will start asking questions. They want to stay off the radar as bad as you do for stuff like this. It won’t happen over night but you have to stay the course. You cave and they know they have you back.

Also, put in 2 8hr requests a month. They will have to cut your dispatch and establish an 8hr day for you. If they don’t, file. Last thing they’ll want to do is pay out penalty money and should help speed up the process.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Here’s the thing, you do this once and your day sucks. You do it for a week and that week sucks. But eventually, and usually pretty quickly, you get used to it. It’s just how your day goes.

But management will notice as well. They’ll leave you out there the first few days. Then they’ll start sending help because there are service issues. Might even drag you in for a conversation. Let them know that you’re done working for free, if you’re going to go out that heavy you will fix it on the clock when you’re on the road.

They see you doing it, they will eventually change things around because someone above them will start asking questions. They want to stay off the radar as bad as you do for stuff like this. It won’t happen over night but you have to stay the course. You cave and they know they have you back.

Also, put in 2 8hr requests a month. They will have to cut your dispatch and establish an 8hr day for you. If they don’t, file. Last thing they’ll want to do is pay out penalty money and should help speed up the process.
Perfect. Nothing left to say.