Bonus In, Bonus Out,...Bonus In Again???

10 point

In my bldg everyone in management and on the safety committee are surprised we failed the safety audit........and they get mad at me when I say it's because management doesn't care about safety only production
The only reason they care about safety is because it cost them money for injuries and accidents when they occur. Otherwise we are just meat and a number to them.
If you look at who your management is you will figure out that it is predominantly the slackers that could not handle our job and too lazy to get their hands dirty.

I have always marveled at the lazy employees that never wanted to do hourly work until they got into management.
Then amnesia sets in and the lying begins.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not saying I disagree bonus should be banned but my center has always had bonus and I never see any of the things you discribe. We have runners but every center does. Bonus could be gone tomorrow I wouldn't care. I don't think it will ever happen in my local though.

Do you have routes that plan better than others? Are there routes that are run by a runner and gunner that no one else wants to run because they'll be out late? Do you ever see drivers looking at the operational reports for more than a few seconds everyday? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have seen signs that your center needs to vote bonus out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not saying I disagree bonus should be banned but my center has always had bonus and I never see any of the things you discribe. We have runners but every center does. Bonus could be gone tomorrow I wouldn't care. I don't think it will ever happen in my local though.
Do you have routes that plan better than others? Are there routes that are run by a runner and gunner that no one else wants to run because they'll be out late? Do you ever see drivers looking at the operational reports for more than a few seconds everyday? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have seen signs that your center needs to vote bonus out.
...do you ever come in 15 minutes before your start time to find several of your fellow drivers coming out of the back of their package cars a sweaty mess???
...does your center display the previous days telematics report, with the same 5 names listed as the top offenders every day, who "coincidentally" happen to be the top 5 bonus recipients???
...when the DOT said we had to take our full 30 minute lunch, did you witness grown men physically crying???

If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have seen signs that your center needs to vote bonus out.

~Bbbl~

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The only reason they care about safety is because it cost them money for injuries and accidents when they occur. Otherwise we are just meat and a number to them.
If you look at who your management is you will figure out that it is predominantly the slackers that could not handle our job and too lazy to get their hands dirty.

I have always marveled at the lazy employees that never wanted to do hourly work until they got into management.
Then amnesia sets in and the lying begins.
I don't even believe it's only about money......I believe they want us to get hurt and our bodies to break down because they don't want us working 25 years......I think they want us out in less than 10 to get the new blood in.....most of the time 10-25 yr employees either learn how to do the job or they are so broken down they can't run anymore.......ultimately I believe management talk about safety because it sounds good

Overpaid Union Thug

...do you ever come in 15 minutes before your start time to find several of your fellow drivers coming out of the back of their package cars a sweaty mess???
...does your center display the previous days telematics report, with the same 5 names listed as the top offenders every day, who "coincidentally" happen to be the top 5 bonus recipients???
...when the DOT said we had to take our full 30 minute lunch, did you witness grown men physically crying???

If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have seen signs that your center needs to vote bonus out.

~Bbbl~
My favorite is the constant whining about how "they stole our time from us". And most of them still haven't figured out that they are the very ones who caused it.

DOK

Route and vehicle assignments, dispatch, overlooking obvious dishonesty, service and method errors, etc.
Management caters to the hedge hoppers who display a willingness to chase the rabbit.
You can also look at it as the bonus drivers get loaded up with high dispatch so those that don't want the overtime aren't.

By The Book

You can also look at it as the bonus drivers get loaded up with high dispatch so those that don't want the overtime aren't.
I don't think that's the reason, but it is a side affect of the runners getting more work. It can only lower the overtime on those that don't want it. I think it's more like the runners get more work based on how many routes they run for the day. The ones not on the 9.5 list will get more work because they are not on the 9.5 If you are dispatched with 11 hours and I'm dispatched with 9 hours, after awhile I would think you would not be ok with that.

DOK

I don't think that's the reason, but it is a side affect of the runners getting more work. It can only lower the overtime on those that don't want it. I think it's more like the runners get more work based on how many routes they run for the day. The ones not on the 9.5 list will get more work because they are not on the 9.5 If you are dispatched with 11 hours and I'm dispatched with 9 hours, after awhile I would think you would not be ok with that.
Good points. Our centers average dispatch per driver is 9.95 as dictated by ie, so everyone seems to get loaded up, the company just pays the 9.5's that are grieved.

2hoursover

With bonus the company successfully created division between union members. I have had brothers in my center tell me to stay out of a bulk pickup because he has a weeding to pay for...