Boots recommended for Preload?

watdaflock?

Not sure if you ordered your new boots yet. If not, check out the Vasque (owned by Red Wing) brand of boots.
81OJk8d%2BveL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

The "Vasque Talon Ultradry" is one of my most favorite boot, ever.

I am planning to be working for UPS for at least a year, should I not be buying worthwhile shoes?

Columbia brand boots should last at least a year. The Vasque will last longer, but is more expensive than Columbia boots.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I bought a pair of Brahma from Walmart. $19.95 + tax.
Yeah, if u need boots asap, u should've just got them at Wal-Mart... U can fit them immediately and get gel insoles to aid in comfort.

I have no idea why but gel insoles worked for me

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If you’re a loader wear black sneakers it’s better to be quick on your feet

if you’re anything else, doc martens will be very comfy

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I wore boots for almost my entire feeder career (29 years). Went thru quite a few pair. Each and every pair has their pros and cons. Only pair I ever bought that I wore right out of the box and never had any pain/break in time was a pair of wolverines. Loved those boots. Only problem, I walk on the side of my foot and I wear the soles out. Wolverines (at least then) cannot be resoled since the soles were molded to the shoe to make it waterproof. Wore some redwings. Expensive boots, seemed heavy on my feet. They can be resoled over and over. The resole job alone costs more than most boots of other brands. Rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. Buy a cheap pair, they will usually fall apart or leak quickly. To me, the shoes were very important, being as you are on your feet a lot. My last 5 years of work, I actually went back to a black pair of work shoes. I bought a pair of SAS (San Antonio Shoes) They are a mostly southern thing and there are several stores near me. I like going to the store because you can buy them off the rack, or they can your measure your feet and custom fit you. They do sell online and they aren't cheap (around $185-200) but they are worth the money to me. The pair I have on right now are probably 8 years old, and I wear them every day. I just hit them with a little black dye and good to go for another year.

D

Deleted member 77202

We ain't allowed to wear sneakers -- they gotta be leather boots (lots of guys wear steel-toed, but it's not required).

Mostly everyone wears the good ol' Timberlands or something similar.

Poop Head

Judge me.
boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and

542thruNthru

boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and

Quiet down!