Break Violations

falcon back

If you worked during break and you got hurt or in a collision, could the company refuse to cover you? You weren’t on the clock.
If you are on company property or in a company vehicle, you are covered. My wife got hit by a car at her job walking to the employee entrance and Workmans Comp covered her injuries. If you are on break, you are still technically on the clock because break hrs count for hour violations.

Working4the1%

If you are on company property or in a company vehicle, you are covered. My wife got hit by a car at her job walking to the employee entrance and Workmans Comp covered her injuries. If you are on break, you are still technically on the clock because break hrs count for hour violations.
It’s always drama with you …

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
To and from work too

MassWineGuy

Holy egomaniacal micro managing senior manager! My manager got written up because I wasn’t given an OLCC for the first violation. There were two.

While my mgr believes in exercising managerial discretion (i.e. just discussing it) the SM is a by the book machine. Never mind that the same hypocrite SM once told me during a hectic pm sort to disregard an imminent break violation so I could stay and help.

falcon back

Holy egomaniacal micro managing senior manager! My manager got written up because I wasn’t given an OLCC for the first violation. There were two.

While my mgr believes in exercising managerial discretion (i.e. just discussing it) the SM is a by the book machine. Never mind that the same hypocrite SM once told me during a hectic pm sort to disregard an imminent break violation so I could stay and help.
I bet you take a break every day now.

outtatime

Be sure to take your full break during peak season too, even if they say only 30min required after 8. If he wants to be by-the-book, two can play that game.

outtatime

Exactly. Deprive yourself of time with your family! Get home 30 minutes later without pay!

THAT'LL SHOW 'EM
No, what I'm saying is if the SM wants to strictly enforce every rule, then it should be strictly enforced all year long. Not just when it's convenient for him.

NC man

You are entitled to a break and there are labor laws of course concerning that. If doing pup rte tell dispatch you are going on break and won’t make x pups on time. Then do it. It will get fixed.
As long as drivers bow down nothing will change concerning breaks.They can’t make you work without a break.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, what I'm saying is if the SM wants to strictly enforce every rule, then it should be strictly enforced all year long. Not just when it's convenient for him.
The rule is subject to change.

As for me, if there's a rule that I don't like and they're going to change it in my favor for a while, I believe I'd like it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

As for me, if there's a rule that I don't like and they're going to change it in my favor for a while, I believe I'd like it.
How about the workforce changing a few rules then?

Uh, we don’t want to wait until the end of sort to leave the building. “We’ll now leave when we feel we have enough freight instead.”

outtatime

The rules don't change, just the decision to enforce them to fit their needs.

And the break rule is not changed in your favor. You actually think couriers will get home 30min earlier during peak if they are allowed a 30min break after 8 hours?