Break Violations

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How about the workforce changing a few rules then?

Uh, we don’t want to wait until the end of sort to leave the building. “We’ll now leave when we feel we have enough freight instead.”
How about you see if you can give people a reason to take you seriously?

59 Dano

The rules don't change, just the decision to enforce them to fit their needs.
OK, then. What about it? Is that wrong?

And the break rule is not changed in your favor. You actually think couriers will get home 30min earlier during peak if they are allowed a 30min break after 8 hours?
I don't know about you, but when I was a courier I got home 30 minutes earlier when I took a 30 minute break vs a 60 minute break.

59 Dano

The 60 min rule hasn’t been enforced at my station in YEARS. I cannot even remember the last time I took anything over 30.
You're assuming that there is an active 60 minute rule. It can vary by region, district, market... In my last district where I worked as a courier, it was up to the senior whether they had 60 or 30.

outtatime

It is when rules are selectively enforced. If you're going to enforce certain rules for one person, you should enforce it on everyone, every time. If you're not going to enforce the rules all the time, do I have to follow them all the time?

outtatime

Why wouldn't shorter breaks mean shorter days? What kind of math are you using?
The kind where management sees you're finished delivering at 1430 and makes you go help some slow-ass old-timer who milks the clock every day. Better off just taking 60min and slowing down a bit. Same hours...less work.

falcon back

The kind where management sees you're finished delivering at 1430 and makes you go help some slow-ass old-timer who milks the clock every day. Better off just taking 60min and slowing down a bit. Same hours...less work.
Who finishes at 1430? You must have issues doing the job and they gave you light deliveries.

NC man

Used to be we heard all year that had to do an hour,DOT rules, when peak came those so called DOT rules wentbout the window. I know DOT doesn’t changes rules for December.
Just curious ,has anyone ever been stopped by police etc and asked to show medical card?

McFeely

Huge Member
Used to be we heard all year that had to do an hour,DOT rules, when peak came those so called DOT rules wentbout the window.

There is no DOT regulation about 60 min. There is one about 30 min breaks, however.

I suppose a state may have a more restrictive break law on the books (some states require a 30 for a 5+ hour work day, etc), but 60 min is not a DOT thing.

Attachments

• AA7B22A2-9DF4-4E02-9F8F-6F50612C8BE2.jpeg
    AA7B22A2-9DF4-4E02-9F8F-6F50612C8BE2.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 66

vantexan

I don't know about you, but when I was a courier I got home 30 minutes earlier when I took a 30 minute break vs a 60 minute break.
Don't know about you but I always took hour lunches until so much extra was forced on me I could barely get in a half hour before returning to the station. As usual the question was when transferring: "why do you want to leave?"

vantexan

There is no DOT regulation about 60 min. There is one about 30 min breaks, however.

I suppose a state may have a more restrictive break law on the books (some states require a 30 for a 5+ hour work day, etc), but 60 min is not a DOT thing.
I worked in a couple of states where two ten minute paid breaks were allowed if the employee wanted them. Oddly the mgrs never told me about them. Found out from co-workers months after arriving.