Break

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Before the gps we had drivers going 20 miles off route to go home for lunch and sex…lol
There was one time pre-GPS where my daughter had a HS softball game at a school on a route adjacent to mine. Saved my lunch break, drove over and watched the game, going back to the center by an alternate route. Parked the PC out of the way to make sure it didn't get hit by a foul ball and watched the bulk of her game.

What'dyabringmetoday???

There was one time pre-GPS where my daughter had a HS softball game at a school on a route adjacent to mine. Saved my lunch break, drove over and watched the game, going back to the center by an alternate route. Parked the PC out of the way to make sure it didn't get hit by a foul ball and watched the bulk of her game.
You definitely live on the edge. Lol.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes and no. When I was training new drivers I would tell them that should try to take advantage of delivery stops that have public restrooms and that they would not need to punch out while using them; however, if they are driving specifically to take a leak, that would be considered to be a break and they would need to punch out.

I also strongly encouraged them to "brown bag" it, especially during their first 30 days, but that if they did choose to buy their lunch that they were allowed to go up to one mile on either side of the main road to find someplace to eat; in other words, they couldn't drive more than a mile to get to their favorite lunch place. Lunch starts once you have secured the vehicle, not after you have used the bathroom, cleaned up and ordered your meal.

You should never operate a UPS vehicle while off the clock. We used to have drivers who would punch out before after their last delivery stop and before making their way back to the building to make sure that they were under 9.5. Getting in to an accident while driving off the clock is not something that you want to deal with.
Taking a leak isn't break time.

over9five

Staff member
So dumb. If we were real Teamsters, we'd get some easy payback.
1. Not use our cells for company calls. Get a message to call? Answer "OK, let me go find a payphone"

oldngray

nowhere special
So dumb. If we were real Teamsters, we'd get some easy payback.
1. Not use our cells for company calls. Get a message to call? Answer "OK, let me go find a payphone"
That was what I always did. They assumed everyone would have their own phones and be willing to use them for company business. Screw that. I will send text messages through the DIAD and if they want me to keep making calls give me a phone.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Yes and no. When I was training new drivers I would tell them that should try to take advantage of delivery stops that have public restrooms and that they would not need to punch out while using them; however, if they are driving specifically to take a leak, that would be considered to be a break and they would need to punch out.

I also strongly encouraged them to "brown bag" it, especially during their first 30 days, but that if they did choose to buy their lunch that they were allowed to go up to one mile on either side of the main road to find someplace to eat; in other words, they couldn't drive more than a mile to get to their favorite lunch place. Lunch starts once you have secured the vehicle, not after you have used the bathroom, cleaned up and ordered your meal.

You should never operate a UPS vehicle while off the clock. We used to have drivers who would punch out before after their last delivery stop and before making their way back to the building to make sure that they were under 9.5. Getting in to an accident while driving off the clock is not something that you want to deal with.
Did you demonstrate how to pee into a Mountain Dew bottle?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Very divisive video.

Not sure if they were chicks or not….

Catchy tune, lyrics make me happy to be past halfway to dead though….

Fearing for my children……

If they are chicks, would definitely bang….black one is hotter if I had to choose one

Thanks for sharing, definitely helped!
We need to find these people for future usage...