Breaking senior drivers

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They were inside full time combo jobs that paid about the same as driving. The first combo jobs created and they didn't make any more.

They are the original full-time inside jobs. In my Local, they are mainly 8-hrs of the same job content.

The jobs pay $1.69 per hr less than full pkg rate or feeders pulling singles.

oldngray

nowhere special
They are the original full-time inside jobs. In my Local, they are mainly 8-hrs of the same job content.

The best inside jobs

They weren't really combo jobs but the ones I saw had people doing almost anything to get their hours.

Johney

They were inside full time combo jobs that paid about the same as driving. The first combo jobs created and they didn't make any more.

Not combo jobs. FT inside. Car wash, Feeder wash, Porters and some FT Union clerk jobs.

You know now that you put it that way there was two or three morning people who had been there since the beginning of time that did clerk work and they worked full time hours but I don’t think we’re 22.3. Maybe 22.2?

Superteeth2478

You made a declarative statement. Prove it.

There is a difference in can't and NOT WANTING TO....

Your OPINION may vary from mine.

I know people that work until they drop. For wildly different reasons. Every bit millionaires.....

That's what I'm telling you.

Say, define "high-paying job".
The OP is saying he's not sure he'll "make it to the finish line". Sounds like he's not planning on working until he drops. And I think it's fair to say it's a high-paying job if the complete benefits package is more than 3x the median wage rate in the US. So yes, you have a problem if you CAN'T retire in 30 years. And again, OP isn't "not wanting to" retire. That's clear from his post at the start.

quad decade guy

The OP is saying he's not sure he'll "make it to the finish line". Sounds like he's not planning on working until he drops. And I think it's fair to say it's a high-paying job if the complete benefits package is more than 3x the median wage rate in the US. So yes, you have a problem if you CAN'T retire in 30 years. And again, OP isn't "not wanting to" retire. That's clear from his post at the start.
So no, maybe not.

quad decade guy

It didn’t stick he came back. The panel was less than clear what they wanted, reading comprehension is very important. It’s clear with your attitude you need lots of lecturing 😂. It’s not a shock why no one helped you when you were a package car driver I wouldn’t of helped you either.
Have we met? Somehow you think you know me. You don't. That is clear.

And you are not lecturing....you are bullying. That is clear also. Very.

DorkHead

Stick it out you big p$#%y. Do everything by the book including driving and handling the pkg`s and then they will have to send you help or lighten your dispatch. Every route is over dispatched. Call in your air to be picked up.

quad decade guy

What's not true, the part where somebody telling a 30 year driver they should work out or the part where your body is not in good shape after 30 years
The job doesn't "kill you". 99.9% of the people that work at UPS survive and generally, live a full life. This isn't a West Virginia coal mine in the 30's. Now, bad eating habits and smoking and lot's of other factors are in play.....

So many pass up mgt. as an option. Feeders too. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a "career" of 30 years doing pkg is very likely.....after about a week....

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The job doesn't "kill you". 99.9% of the people that work at UPS survive and generally, live a full life. This isn't a West Virginia coal mine in the 30's. Now, bad eating habits and smoking and lot's of other factors are in play.....

So many pass up mgt. as an option. Feeders too. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a "career" of 30 years doing pkg is very likely.....after about a week....
Ask @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U or any 35 year driver about his knees

JustDeliverIt

We still have two at our building

We have 17 22.2 spots here. Same pay as driving and you work Twi and Night shifts. Spots are almost always held by top seniority drivers just trying to make it to 30 years. I won a bid for a short time when someone retired but was bumped out on the next bid. Not a bad gig at all, hours are the worst thing about it.

Thebrownblob

We have 17 22.2 spots here. Same pay as driving and you work Twi and Night shifts. Spots are almost always held by top seniority drivers just trying to make it to 30 years. I won a bid for a short time when someone retired but was bumped out on the next bid. Not a bad gig at all, hours are the worst thing about it.
Wow your building is like the white unicorn! That’s where all the 22.2 jobs went to die.

quad decade guy

Hours: (Pkg-8;00-20:00) (Feeders-14:00-2:00)( 22.2's- 22:00-10:00)

Who has "good" hours? Feeders: easy job(relatively) hours suck....even for high senior guys. 22's...you work 2nd/3rd shift.