Breaking senior drivers

tourists24

Oh yeah. Most are a little high dollar.
When your hotel camping, sometimes you have to slum it save some money. It gets rough.
It's part of what makes the trail hard.
When you stay in hotels for many nights they call that platinum blazing lol. I do forsee several nights in some hostels near the trail though

DOK

I am a delivery driver with nearly 30 years of service and wonder everyday how I am going to make it to the finish line. I worked with guys that stole time from this company for years and it was wrong. Todays technology eliminates that and that’s a good thing. However, when I learned my route years ago I averaged around 115 stops a day. I did the job and got off the clock. Now it’s more like 145 a day. These 30, 40, even 50 more stops a day are brutal on someone that has nearly 30 years of service and wear and tear on their body. I am at the point where I regret staying here and would not recommend this job to anyone. I could have been a lot healthier and happier making less money somewhere else.
Start working out before work if you don’t already, does wonders for your joints and energy, first month is rough. Before you say I must be a young buck, 34 years of service, 30 of it driving.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I started young and have to work 8 more years to get my full pension. My knees and hips ache like hell now.

I slowed down years ago. When the company was cutting routes like crazy after the financial crisis in 2008 and killing us. That’s when I had my epiphany and finally asked myself “why am I doing this.” Why am I running, driving like a fool and taking my lunch at the building. Nope, it ended that day.
"Epiphany".....interesting term in context.

I know a guy who uses that exact verbiage to describe his mental progression as a former package car driver at UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a delivery driver with nearly 30 years of service and wonder everyday how I am going to make it to the finish line. I worked with guys that stole time from this company for years and it was wrong. Todays technology eliminates that and that’s a good thing. However, when I learned my route years ago I averaged around 115 stops a day. I did the job and got off the clock. Now it’s more like 145 a day. These 30, 40, even 50 more stops a day are brutal on someone that has nearly 30 years of service and wear and tear on their body. I am at the point where I regret staying here and would not recommend this job to anyone. I could have been a lot healthier and happier making less money somewhere else.
Maybe one of the contract gurus can chime in @542thruNthru this is addressed in the contract

542thruNthru

Maybe one of the contract gurus can chime in @542thruNthru this is addressed in the contract
9.5 and methods is all I can say.

Usually when driver's complain like this it's because they've been the companies yes man for too long just to get a long. They always have the same line "I just want to do my job and go home."

Not saying he's the same but it's a physical job and there is bound to be wear and tear. We have guys with 38 years FT and still going but they take every break/lunch, 9.5 and the methods as best they can.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Screenshot_20220410-194030_Office.jpg

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
save your money young'ns. save aggressively, max your 401k, max a Roth IRA, start maxing it now not later. save and invest in indexfunds in a taxable account.

Thebrownblob

save your money young'ns. save aggressively, max your 401k, max a Roth IRA, start maxing it now not later. save and invest in indexfunds in a taxable account.
Moved 3 22.4s point fours up to RPCD A couple weeks ago, two of them went out and bought new vehicles with 8 or $900 payments lol. One was a Raptor the other one was A jeep gladiator🛻