Breaking senior drivers

Est.1998

Maybe. That's not what it sounded like. I bid every feeder bid since the day I gained seniority.
well, you know everything with him is riddles and condescension. like trying to solve those old bottle caps all over again.
1649696457373.jpeg

Superteeth2478

why don't you just hang it up then? where is this finish line you speak of if not at 30 frickin years?
This is the truth. If you can't find a way to retire after 30 years at such a relatively high-paying job, then you definitely have issues with spending more money than you make. Or you have too many child support payments to make. That's not subjective. That's a fact. And this applies more or less even if those were part-time years because that $8.50 an hour was worth a lot more back when the starting wage rate for part-timers was frozen there.

quad decade guy

This is the truth. If you can't find a way to retire after 30 years at such a relatively high-paying job, then you definitely have issues with spending more money than you make. Or you have too many child support payments to make. That's not subjective. That's a fact. And this applies more or less even if those were part-time years because that $8.50 an hour was worth a lot more back when the starting wage rate for part-timers was frozen there.
Fact. Really?

Some of us are not ready for the rocking chair on the front porch at 50+ years old.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am a delivery driver with nearly 30 years of service and wonder everyday how I am going to make it to the finish line. I worked with guys that stole time from this company for years and it was wrong. Todays technology eliminates that and that’s a good thing. However, when I learned my route years ago I averaged around 115 stops a day. I did the job and got off the clock. Now it’s more like 145 a day. These 30, 40, even 50 more stops a day are brutal on someone that has nearly 30 years of service and wear and tear on their body. I am at the point where I regret staying here and would not recommend this job to anyone. I could have been a lot healthier and happier making less money somewhere else.
Quad, is that you???

Steamer

Moved 3 22.4s point fours up to RPCD A couple weeks ago, two of them went out and bought new vehicles with 8 or $900 payments lol. One was a Raptor the other one was A jeep gladiator🛻
People live beyond their means. Then they wonder why they lose it all when something happens. All that money is wasted from the depreciation let alone if it gets repossessed. If they can't pay cash for it. How do they expect to pay more than cash with all the interest?

oldupsman

Some of us are not ready for the rocking chair on the front porch at 50+ years old.
Well then, don't sit in a rocking chair. I got so much to do there are days I don't know which way
to turn first. Sometimes I can't believe I used to work 10 hour days. When did I find time to do that.
Don't let the job become your life. I'll never understand these guys in the 60's and 70's still working.

Know a guy I drove with. He was older than me. Put in 42 years all in package. Stayed until he was 69.
Every time I see him he says staying that long was the biggest mistake he ever made.