Bringing your load back unfinished?

10 point

A supervisor from Indiana (Local 710) said that drivers were going to be bringing their unfinished dispatch back and be off the clock by 9.5 hrs if they were on the "Opt in list".

Anyone know anything about that provision over there?

A supervisor from Indiana (Local 710) said that drivers were going to be bringing their unfinished dispatch back and be off the clock by 9.5 hrs if they were on the "Opt in list".

They tried that with us,awhile back. sheet as missed and bring It in. Corporate didn't like it! The pratice soon stopped!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Perhaps this can be a remedy at the disposal of the "9.5 Committee"?
It is already an excepted practice, per several panel decisions in the Central Region in regards to 8 hr requested that are not realized through a proper dispatch.
We are new to the "9.5 opt-in list" here, but from what I have read on this board, triple time doesn't seem to deter the company from violating?
Could this finally be the answer for the company to staff their operations properly?

Indecisi0n

Would never happen here. Even with drivers working 11-12 hr days we can still never seen to catch up. But remember cutting routes has nothing to do with it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would bet if they started earlier, many wouldn't have a problem working longer.
Earlier? With summer peak in full swing....we can't get done before 940 at the earliest as it is. I spend the last 20 min of my day piling bulk that wouldn't fit...it'll fit tomorrow..lol.

PT Car Washer

Earlier? With summer peak in full swing....we can't get done before 940 at the earliest as it is. I spend the last 20 min of my day piling bulk that wouldn't fit...it'll fit tomorrow..lol.
Just stack it out and we will have an Air driver shuttle it out. Give up that second job and be an Air driver at $33.00hr. Sorry, plus the OT at almost $50/hr.