Brother Bullying “on topic”

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
Anyone have any insights on this? I work in one of the new automated small sorts as a tender. I was put there by my sort manager 7 months ago with no complaints from other employees that have seniority above me. Now suddenly I have a shop steward who has 5 years on me trying to bump me out. Can he do this?

F

Frankie's Friend

Ask thst steward for a grievance form and the articles that explain your right to maintain your current work just in case you get bumped.
You cant file it until you get violated but the interaction with the steward should be enlightening.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone have any insights on this? I work in one of the new automated small sorts as a tender. I was put there by my sort manager 7 months ago with no complaints from other employees that have seniority above me. Now suddenly I have a shop steward who has 5 years on me trying to bump me out. Can he do this?
When are you going to get "on topic" and tell us about the bullying???

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yes.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ask thst steward for a grievance form and the articles that explain your right to maintain your current work just in case you get bumped.
You cant file it until you get violated but the interaction with the steward should be enlightening.
Your joking right. What articles would you be referring to exactly.

F

Frankie's Friend

Your joking right. What articles would you be referring to exactly.
I am joking.... but on topic.

Evidently the OP is a new employee and doesn't know the contract.

But, if he thinks he is going to get bumped by a bullying (crooked) steward as alluded to by the title of this thread then the steward would/should be able to explain why he can be bumped.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What’s he doing to “bully” you... having 5 years of seniority over someone in a place like this is pretty much a lifetime... seniority is everything here... it’s all we have.

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
I agree that “seniority is everything” but does that mean anyone can basically walk around the hub looking for a job that someone with less seniority has and just take it? That can’t be right. It would cause chaos. There was no bid for my position. It’s not like I took this job from a senior employee. I was assigned to it. I would completely understand and be fine with this guy trying to bump me then but he didn’t. He waited until 7 months later to decide that my spot looked better than his and is just now trying to push me out. Just asking if someone has some sort of contractual language on this situation because, as I said, I can’t imagine this being legit. People would be constantly switching from place to place. The grass always looks greener...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree that “seniority is everything” but does that mean anyone can basically walk around the hub looking for a job that someone with less seniority has and just take it? That can’t be right. It would cause chaos. There was no bid for my position. It’s not like I took this job from a senior employee. I was assigned to it. I would completely understand and be fine with this guy trying to bump me then but he didn’t. He waited until 7 months later to decide that my spot looked better than his and is just now trying to push me out. Just asking if someone has some sort of contractual language on this situation because, as I said, I can’t imagine this being legit. People would be constantly switching from place to place. The grass always looks greener...
So what is he doing to bully you??? Usually small sort is a preferred job and they do put new people into that position then move them out to load/unload later on....

F

Frankie's Friend

How long have you held seniority in your building?

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
18 years. He’s currently letting the sup send him home each time I am “in his spot” but is threatening him that next time he will confront me face to face and tell me that he is bumping me. Unfortunately, Rod, I like the guy and have worked with him for years but that doesn’t mean I’m just going to lay down on this one.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So what is he doing to bully you??? Usually small sort is a preferred job and they do put new people into that position then move them out to load/unload later on....
No, preferred jobs open up and you can bid them. If a job isn't open, you can't bump into it unless your union is corrupt and making deals with the company. In the end it all comes down to politics and squeaky wheels..

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
That’s the other side. We just switched slates and this guy apparently knows the new BA so I am expecting the BA to be on his side and actively fighting for him when this eventually goes down. That’s the main reason for me reaching out to all of you. I need ammo.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s the other side. We just switched slates and this guy apparently knows the new BA so I am expecting the BA to be on his side and actively fighting for him when this eventually goes down. That’s the main reason for me reaching out to all of you. I need ammo.
Got plenty of ammo in the strike bunker that won’t be used until 2023....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, preferred jobs open up and you can bid them. If a job isn't open, you can't bump into it unless your union is corrupt and making deals with the company. In the end it all comes down to politics and squeaky wheels..
18 years. He’s currently letting the sup send him home each time I am “in his spot” but is threatening him that next time he will confront me face to face and tell me that he is bumping me. Unfortunately, Rod, I like the guy and have worked with him for years but that doesn’t mean I’m just going to lay down on this one.
you have been pt for 18 years and really have no idea what to do???? Have you ever attended a union meeting????

SmNbnOvr

Caraca
Full time now for years. Unfortunately, never attended a meeting. I work two jobs which take up my Saturday and Sundays but if you could maybe just let me know what your advise is it would be much more helpful than pointing out how naive I am.

F

Frankie's Friend

Full time now for years. Unfortunately, never attended a meeting. I work two jobs which take up my Saturday and Sundays but if you could maybe just let me know what your advise is it would be much more helpful than pointing out how naive I am.
What's your current job classification? Are you covering a ft job? If you're full time and "covering" a ft job that's been in existence for 30 days in a 90 day period why isnt the job being bid and why are you just "covering" it?

Heffalump

Bro, Your losing the spot. I'd pull seniority on somebody else and get over it. This is the nature of the job.