Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Omaha Beach was incredible. One of my Gandfathers went ashore on Omaha during D Day,and one went ashore a week later. I bought a vial with the plaque that reads "Sand from Omaha Beach Normandy" and it was great getting some sand to bring home
IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6491 (1).jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Anyone with a future Carnival cruise, bunch of prices going up tomorrow. Buy today and save some money!
Cheers
Internet
Specialty restaurants
Bottomless Bubbles

rod

Retired 22 years
I will be taking a Holland America cruise from Alaska back down to Vancouver in June. Any suggestions or comments? It's my first ever cruise.

pkgdriver

I will be taking a Holland America cruise from Alaska back down to Vancouver in June. Any suggestions or comments? It's my first ever cruise.
You will fit right in with the Holland America age group.😀
I have only done two of them. R/T from Vancouver.
Whats your itinerary?
Able to go to Denali on the train before the cruise?
Fly in the day before(or earlier) not day of cruise.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Get a Balcony cabin. This is WELL worth the money as the views are INCREDIBLE! . Purchase an excursion in every port as The port areas are kind of Blah,to REALLY see Alaska book the excursions.

The White Pass Railway in Skagway was unbelievable,just magnificent. The Take a hat and jacket,dress in layers. Juneau was COLD in July!!!!

You will see alot of Whales from the ship,dont waste money on a Whale watching excursion

The Mendenhall Glacier is beyond words, We really enjoyed it

If you can take a Helicopter tour or a Sea Plane DO IT!!! We took a Sea Plane over Ketchikan and landed on a lake.

over9five

Staff member
I was reading something about the train tour yesterday.
It doesnt go as far as it used to maybe? Did it used to go into Canada?
Jeez, it came across my feed, I only glanced at it.

pkgdriver

Get a Balcony cabin. This is WELL worth the money as the views are INCREDIBLE! . Purchase an excursion in every port as The port areas are kind of Blah,to REALLY see Alaska book the excursions.

The White Pass Railway in Skagway was unbelievable,just magnificent. The Take a hat and jacket,dress in layers. Juneau was COLD in July!!!!

You will see alot of Whales from the ship,dont waste money on a Whale watching excursion

If you can take a Helicopter tour or a Sea Plane DO IT!!! We took a Sea Plane over Ketchikan and landed on a lake.
Agree a balcony is a must.. Caribbean not so much. The ships now all have tons of balconies…wasnt that way back in 92 my first cruise.
Yep White Pass is a must do. Did the train up and bicycled back to Skagway the second time. Lots of history on the White Pass. Waterfalls and beautiful scenery.

Our Mendenhall was awesome because the wife had a relative that live there and picked us up and did the glacier. Went out and got some crabs from the pots in the inlet behind their house also. Hopefully you will get to Glacier Bay. Awesome watching the glaciers calving 100 yards away from the ship.

pkgdriver

I was reading something about the train tour yesterday.
It doesnt go as far as it used to maybe? Did it used to go into Canada?
Jeez, it came across my feed, I only glanced at it.
Yep certain trains went up into Canada past Frasier. That was the one we did the bicycle trip back on. I think some went further into Carcross and Whitehorse.

rod

Retired 22 years

We have a balcony booked and also the White Pass RR in Skagway. (also the premium drink package). We fly to Anchorage- then do a train- bus and cruise thing all over the State. We were suppose to do this last year for our 50th anniversary but Covid shot that all to hell. Almost 3 weeks long. A friend wants to know if any wives have ever fallen overboard on those Alaskan cruises like they do on the Caribbean ones?

over9five

Staff member
We have a balcony booked and also the White Pass RR in Skagway. (also the premium drink package). We fly to Anchorage- then do a train- bus and cruise thing all over the State. We were suppose to do this last year for our 50th anniversary but Covid shot that all to hell. Almost 3 weeks long. A friend wants to know if any wives have ever fallen overboard on those Alaskan cruises like they do on the Caribbean ones?
Lol, you simply CAN NOT fall off a cruise ship. You have to be doing something stupid to go over the side.

pkgdriver

Millions of posts there. No bullying either.✊ Usually accurate info.
Alaska section to read or post with recommendations for independent tour operators.
You can actually post with others on your specific cruise.

floridays

Omaha Beach was incredible. One of my Gandfathers went ashore on Omaha during D Day,and one went ashore a week later. I bought a vial with the plaque that reads "Sand from Omaha Beach Normandy" and it was great getting some sand to bring home
View attachment 380956
View attachment 380957
View attachment 380958
View attachment 380959
View attachment 380960
Europe should be thankful for the blood of American warriors that was shed on that sand to save their ass. Unfortunately most of the grateful Europeans have died or are dying like the servicemen that returned home from those sands.

The current Europeans seem to kick sand in our face.

Just my opinion.

floridays

A friend wants to know if any wives have ever fallen overboard on those Alaskan cruises like they do on the Caribbean ones?
Only husbands fall overboard, wives are pushed.

The offer to purchase that premium enhancement is offered when you reach international waters on the Caribbean cruises.