Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

backinbrown

respect my authority
Perfect! If everyone could give their feedback about these issues, that would be great. Logistics, time of year, price (wanna spend more/less), room preferences, etc...

i think our biggest obstacle is going to be logistics mayby east coasters

can go to florida left coasters go to werever left coasters would go

LA and middle earth can choose their preferance

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Somebody tried this before a couple of years ago. I can't remember why, but for some reason the cruise just didn't work out. East Carribean is nice, especially St. Marteens in the Dutch West Indies and St. Thomas, VI.

pkgdriver

from previous experience, March is the best cruise season. the weather in the Caribbean is ideal. I've taken 4 cruises with 3 of them in March and the weather has never failed. 80 degrees everyday and perfect humidity.

I thought we were doing an Alaska cruise. :teethy: My 2 Alaska cruises were 70- 75 degrees(July) and no humidity a much needed relief from the oven I deliver packages out of

Any month is good for the Carib. The temp and humidity doesnt vary much. July/Aug/Sept tends to have the Hurricane things but that's not really a problem for the ship.

upsgrunt

Perfect! If everyone could give their feedback about these issues, that would be great. Logistics, time of year, price (wanna spend more/less), room preferences, etc...

Steve,
Why don't you tell us what you find out tomorrow (price wise) and that will help with feedback. I'd say maybe get a high end price and a low end price and that will help people decide. As far as a time and destination, you will get 1000 different answers. It might be best to just to lay out a time and destination and let people make their best decision.
I'm very interested if my options are open.
Thanks,
Steve

helenofcalifornia

How much money are we talking about here? I have never taken a cruise before and have heard that you have to put all your drinks and other incidentals on a credit card when you board the ship. Realistically, how much are we talking about?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Most cruises are all inclusive except alcohol and tips. So you have to factor in airline, and any goodies along the way. Also what type of room you want. I personally could not stand an interior room, which are usually the cheapest. I have a Royal Caribbean book from a travel agent. The prices quoted range from 600 for an interior room to 1400 for suites. These are starting prices for a 7 day cruise in the western caribbean. This is last years book also so the prices could be considrably lower right now and I'm guessing for probably the next year, considering the economy. Group discounts are not factored into these prices either.

outta hours

Y'all can just come down to my house in Texas for a pool party if you want to. But a cruise would be fun too. A'int nuthin like a Texas backyard BBQ & pool party.

summer 2008.jpg
summer 2008.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Price depends on too many factors. Length of cruise, destinations, cruise line, inside or outside balcony stateroom, etc. I have seen some cruises on sale for $500 a person, a decent one would cost at least a grand. Quality of food is important too.

Ms.PacMan

How much money are we talking about here? I have never taken a cruise before and have heard that you have to put all your drinks and other incidentals on a credit card when you board the ship. Realistically, how much are we talking about?

Anywhere from $500 - $1,200 pp I'm guessing depending on the cabin choice. Tips are generally $10pp/per day automatically charged to your room key at the end. I don't generally drink so usually a couple souvenirs is all I charge. I book shore excursions online with locals if I do any or just a cab to the beach. Airfare would be another expense.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
WE went on one the week before christmas. (it helps when you are retired)

The total cost from Tennessee, flight, cruise was 749. that was 7 days on the norw. Radiance. Western carb. All inclusive, outside but without a balcony. Double occ. The next week was 1400 + for the same room, same cruise.

If you stay with the major players, you usually end up having a great time.

And yes, I think if everyone kicked in a couple of bucks, Cheryl would go free.

d

ol'browneye

Thanks, just what I need.
All Y'all doing the Congo line, with umbrella drinks in hand, and I sit alone guarding the home front.
So be it,
Just as well though,
my wife gets seasick in the bathtub.:sick:
Satelite, I think stugs meant via satelite internet!

My wife and I have actually been looking at the U.S. Virgin Islands today! We weren't thinking of a cruise but it is an option since many cruises make port stops there. I have always said the only cruise I would ever take is an Alaskan cruise but I will keep my options open!

wily_old_vet

It's interesting to see old ideas come around again. I ran a poll a few years back and it got so few hits it just kind of died. I'd definitely be up for it if it ever gets off the ground.