Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

pretender

WE went on one the week before christmas. (it helps when you are retired)

The total cost from Tennessee, flight, cruise was 749. that was 7 days on the norw. Radiance. Western carb. All inclusive, outside but without a balcony. Double occ. The next week was 1400 + for the same room, same cruise.

If you stay with the major players, you usually end up having a great time.

And yes, I think if everyone kicked in a couple of bucks, Cheryl would go free.

d

We cruise once a year, and the Radiance is our favorite ship. That is a great price! I would love to go for Christmas sometime, but that won't happen until I retire...

Ms.PacMan

My wife and I have actually been looking at the U.S. Virgin Islands today! We weren't thinking of a cruise but it is an option since many cruises make port stops there. I have always said the only cruise I would ever take is an Alaskan cruise but I will keep my options open!
Trunk Bay in St. John's VI (which is a US Natl Park) is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. They have the a really nice reef to snorkel around.

I don't think there is an island I've been to in the Caribbean that I didn't like!

sexyupsman

OK Dude, that wasn't needed. You don't like being slammed on here but yet you ask for it.
If you cant laugh at yourself than why bother? I think that point was made. Backin brown made the comment "should we ask me" and I responded with some humor. Lighten up.

sexyupsman

OK Dude, that wasn't needed. You don't like being slammed on here but yet you ask for it.
Besides I never said I had a problem with being slammed, I didnt like being told I did something I didnt do. That was the point of the argument. I am quite fine with being made fun I am the first to laugh at a gay joke I even use the word fa***t. Boo Hoo! So lets not go there again. I am not a sensative little buddyh! Like some people are.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Besides I never said I had a problem with being slammed, I didnt like being told I did something I didnt do. That was the point of the argument. I am quite fine with being made fun I am the first to laugh at a gay joke I even use the word fa***t. Boo Hoo! So lets not go there again. I am not a sensative little buddyh! Like some people are.

Sexy i hope you know my saying should we bring you was in fun and i meant no homophobic anything about it. It was in fun, i am not saying you think it was bad i think you thought it was funny, just making sure.

sexyupsman

Sexy i hope you know my saying should we bring you was in fun and i meant no homophobic anything about it. It was in fun, i am not saying you think it was bad i think you thought it was funny, just making sure.
Very funny and everybody needs to quit with the justification of the comments. I thought it was funny and I thought my reply was funny as well. Attention EVERYONE; I am not a baby I can take a joke! And I can dish them out as well! Last time I checked my mom wasnt a moderator. BIB thanks for the invitation if the cruise happens count me and my driver in! Nothing better than a bunch of guys in shorts, sandals and farmers tan!

over9five

Staff member
I think it may be more difficult to pull off then we may think.

I agree. The logistics are staggering.

Can that many get the same week off?

What week would be best? I like March for cruising, but March is low on the allowable vacations per week.

What departure port? Hard to get total agreement.

What length cruise? I think it's useless for someone to fly to a port and cruise less than a week.

Itinerary? Personally, I wouldn't care where we went!

Booking? Be good if you could COUNT on maybe 15 staterooms. Could probably get an awesome deal. I don't think this can be done, tho. At UPS, it's too hard to plan a vacation a year ahead not knowing if you can get the week.

I think whoever plans this has to just PLAN IT, let everyone know when and where, and whoever can go, goes.

kingOFchester

I agree. The logistics are staggering.

Can that many get the same week off?

What week would be best? I like March for cruising, but March is low on the allowable vacations per week.

What departure port? Hard to get total agreement.

What length cruise? I think it's useless for someone to fly to a port and cruise less than a week.

Itinerary? Personally, I wouldn't care where we went!

Booking? Be good if you could COUNT on maybe 15 staterooms. Could probably get an awesome deal. I don't think this can be done, tho. At UPS, it's too hard to plan a vacation a year ahead not knowing if you can get the week.

I think whoever plans this has to just PLAN IT, let everyone know when and where, and whoever can go, goes.
Another thig to keep in mind will be hurricane season. There have been many cruises effected by a potential hurricane. There have been some cruises that were extended due to not being able to get back to the port.........not sure if UPS would like a call that goes "a few dozen UPS drivers and myself will not be coming to work today due to being on a cruise".

As much as I like cruises, I am thinking a vegas trip may be a little more fesible (may get a better turn out) due to the fact that some, regardless of days off, could atleast make a weekend trip.

rod

Retired 22 years
It would be impossible to set a date and a price range that everyone could agree to. Anyone that has tried to organize a family reunion will tell you it ain't going to happen- the agreeing part that is - not the trip itself. So Steve as long as you started this I would advise you to pick a date and stick with it--------------and be prepared for the whinning to commence.

kingOFchester

It would be impossible to set a date and a price range that everyone could agree to. Anyone that has tried to organize a family reunion will tell you it ain't going to happen- the agreeing part that is - not the trip itself. So Steve as long as you started this I would advise you to pick a date and stick with it--------------and be prepared for the whinning to commence.

That's not right!!! Why does he get to pick the date. What about me?? Why don't i get any say. :devil3:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's interesting to see old ideas come around again. I ran a poll a few years back and it got so few hits it just kind of died. I'd definitely be up for it if it ever gets off the ground.
I do remember it wily, I just didnt know who thought of it.
I would never make it, but it sounds like a great idea for anyone who could.