Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I hear its alot of fun! Especially off the poop deck! Im in Im in! My driver and I would have a blast! And you can all see his 6pack when he wears his speedo!

I trust it will be a vintage Speedo, maybe circa, 1900?

I think it may be more difficult to pull off then we may think.

That said,

If I can, I will be there.

I agree. The logistics are staggering.

Can that many get the same week off?

What week would be best? I like March for cruising, but March is low on the allowable vacations per week.

What departure port? Hard to get total agreement.

What length cruise? I think it's useless for someone to fly to a port and cruise less than a week.

Itinerary? Personally, I wouldn't care where we went!

Booking? Be good if you could COUNT on maybe 15 staterooms. Could probably get an awesome deal. I don't think this can be done, tho. At UPS, it's too hard to plan a vacation a year ahead not knowing if you can get the week.

I think whoever plans this has to just PLAN IT, let everyone know when and where, and whoever can go, goes.

It would be impossible to set a date and a price range that everyone could agree to. Anyone that has tried to organize a family reunion will tell you it ain't going to happen- the agreeing part that is - not the trip itself. So Steve as long as you started this I would advise you to pick a date and stick with it--------------and be prepared for the whinning to commence.

That's not right!!! Why does he get to pick the date. What about me?? Why don't i get any say. :devil3:

Naysayer's I tell ya; We can do this!

I do remember it wily, I just didnt know who thought of it.
I would never make it, but it sounds like a great idea for anyone who could.

Why not, June?

I'm going to start this today. I'm going to research a cruise for 30 people and try winter, spring, summer and fall to see what price range we can get. I will do half the rooms inside and half outside. I'll also be looking at Eastern Carribean cruises, including the V.I. if possible.

If anyone can think of anything else, POST IT!

drewed

Shankman
Taking a day off to do this steve? lol IDK ive never had any exp with cruises, but ive heard cruiseline is important, some are geared for families some for retirees, some for partiers.....or singles? ;) lol

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Taking a day off to do this steve? lol IDK ive never had any exp with cruises, but ive heard cruiseline is important, some are geared for families some for retirees, some for partiers.....or singles? ;) lol

No, had to go see worker's comp Dr. Got hurt last week.

Good point, about the cruise.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just got off the phone with Amy, from Indian River Travel. She's a personal friend from way back, as well as the wife of a UPS'er in my building. She's looking at Royal Carribean and Carnival in the Months of January, April/May and September of 2010. I told her 16 rooms 8 inside and 8 outside. She also said she would check all the ports NY, FL and TX.

If anyone has any further input, please let me know. I also need a show of hands, as to those that definitely want to go, so's we can get this ball rolling.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just got off the phone with Amy, from Indian River Travel. She's a personal friend from way back, as well as the wife of a UPS'er in my building. She's looking at Royal Carribean and Carnival in the Months of January, April/May and September of 2010. I told her 16 rooms 8 inside and 8 outside. She also said she would check all the ports NY, FL and TX.

If anyone has any further input, please let me know. I also need a show of hands, as to those that definitely want to go, so's we can get this ball rolling.
Good job on getting the ball rolling, I'm curious to see what kind of group rate is possible. I'm guessing it should be pretty cheap, all the cruise lines are cutting prices for the foreseeable future, you can pick up a 4 day cruise out of Miami right now for just a little over $200 for an inside cabin, a group rate should be even lower. The biggest cost for those who don't live in whatever port you settle on will be travel to and from. BTW Steve, the group leader generally gets to cruise for free. I'm sure Amy clued you in on that :wink2:.

Ms.PacMan

Hey Steve- Amy needs to call a group cruise agent at the cruiselines. They do things completely different for group cruises. No need to book cabins - they will shoot her a special price for every category cabin and explain all the extras (perks). Then we will have to call her to book.

I love New York. I'll take everyone on a tour if we leave from there and no New Yorkers come along.

Jones - you can take the free cabin or split the cost to get a discount for everyone.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Good job on getting the ball rolling, I'm curious to see what kind of group rate is possible. I'm guessing it should be pretty cheap, all the cruise lines are cutting prices for the foreseeable future, you can pick up a 4 day cruise out of Miami right now for just a little over $200 for an inside cabin, a group rate should be even lower. The biggest cost for those who don't live in whatever port you settle on will be travel to and from. BTW Steve, the group leader generally gets to cruise for free. I'm sure Amy clued you in on that :wink2:.

I was thinking that any "free" cabins could go to someone having trouble financially, or Cheryl, who's the one that actually brought us all together. Just a thought.

Hey Steve- Amy needs to call a group cruise agent at the cruiselines. They do things completely different for group cruises. No need to book cabins - they will shoot her a special price for every category cabin and explain all the extras (perks). Then we will have to call her to book.

I love New York. I'll take everyone on a tour if we leave from there and no New Yorkers come along.

Jones - you can take the free cabin or split the cost to get a discount for everyone.

I'll make sure she knows about this, thanks for the heads up.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I was thinking that any "free" cabins could go to someone having trouble financially, or Cheryl, who's the one that actually brought us all together. Just a thought.
No freebies to me, but I do appreciate the thought... thanks anyway.

If this comes together I'd be happy to attend on my own dime. Tony will come too.

:peaceful:

pkgdriver

If it's Royal Caribbean on thoes dates put us down as a go.
Oasis of the Seas will be sailing starting this Dec out of Ft Lauderdale. It will be the largest ship in the world...Ice Skating Rink,Rock Climbing walls,Flowriders,ziplines etc.

Ms.PacMan

dilligaf - They have Western Caribbean cruises out of Florida. I'm going on one next month to Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Ocho Rios.

I wanted to add that Carnival did away with their dress code except for formal nights (2 on a 7 day cruise) and they toned that down to just no jeans or shorts those 2 nights.

Does anyone know if RCL still has the dress code? Pkgdriver?