Brown Cafe, Reddit

542thruNthru

First I feel like this should be in UPS Discussions(because it's a Brown Cafe discussion) and more members will contribute but if the Mods don't please move this to where you think it should be.

So just the other day I got on Reddit for the first time. A driver was telling me he goes on there all the time for information. So I thought I'd check it out. I read a bunch of posts and was shocked by how bad the information was! The stuff about 22.4s on there is so ridiculous that you can tell none of them have even read the 22.4 contract language.

So as I'm reading all these post I run into this...
sketch-1568995839908.jpg

And I was amazed at the amount of people that agreed with these people especially after reading a lot of posts on Reddit that were so incorrect or just ridiculously bad.

The reason for this is I thought a discussion might be interesting. I believe most of these people are upset because they don't hear what they want and also don't understand how different it is everywhere. I will admit that we as a forum can come down on people pretty hard sometimes and some people can't handle that but it's kind of the UPS way. Thoughts?

Also it makes me cringe thinking of some of these people taking the advice from Reddit and being fired or just looking like complete idiots because of it.

Oh... also which one of you posted this? :)

Turdferguson

Just a turd
First I feel like this should be in UPS Discussions(because it's a Brown Cafe discussion) and more members will contribute but if the Mods don't please move this to where you think it should be.

So just the other day I got on Reddit for the first time. A driver was telling me he goes on there all the time for information. So I thought I'd check it out. I read a bunch of posts and was shocked by how bad the information was! The stuff about 22.4s on there is so ridiculous that you can tell none of them have even read the 22.4 contract language.

View attachment 264394

And I was amazed at the amount of people that agreed with these people especially after reading a lot of posts on Reddit that were so incorrect or just ridiculously bad.

The reason for this is I thought a discussion might be interesting. I believe most of these people are upset because they don't hear what they want and also don't understand how different it is everywhere. I will admit that we as a forum can come down on people pretty hard sometimes and some people can't handle that but it's kind of the UPS way. Thoughts?

Also it makes me cringe thinking of some of these people taking the advice from Reddit and being fired or just looking like complete idiots because of it.

21 people is not a huge amount of people......perspective dude, but you are right there is a ton of horrible advice on there

View attachment 264394

it's because all the movies or bunch of lazy millennials too lazy to use a search function

how many of same threads do we have to start on the same subject all the time?

542thruNthru

it's because all the movies or bunch of lazy millennials too lazy to use a search function

how many of same threads do we have to start on the same subject all the time?

I understand what you're saying. You mean the repetitive threads started every year. People get to upset about this in my opinion. Not everyone has been on here since 2002 or whatever. The search function is also not the greatest unless you really know how to use it.

542thruNthru

I can understand some of the hate. We as a forum are good at ganging up on people sometimes. Though so many people come on here with a "I want it now" attitude that they bring it on themselves.