Brown Cafe staff moderators ... can we trust ?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm sure management on some levels look here. If you're stupid enough to post identified materials that make it easy to figure your location etc then that level of stupidity is on that person. I highly doubt Atlanta corporate is investing in NSA type technology to monitor this site and figure out who's who. That's a level of paranoia that is crazy. It takes a lot of technology and resources, money to track down the identity of every poster and their IP address etc.

I mean who would be stupid enough to give their name, location and then post damning things that could get them fired?

Well besides Dave in upstate BOG.....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's the common local gateway internal ip for many routers and not an external IP address. It's like saying your IP is 127.0.0.0. That's everyone's IP (localhost).

Sadly, you just got pwned by Dave.

That was the local address for my old router. I'd have to get the book out for my new router.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm sure management on some levels look here. If you're stupid enough to post identified materials that make it easy to figure your location etc then that level of stupidity is on that person. I highly doubt Atlanta corporate is investing in NSA type technology to monitor this site and figure out who's who. That's a level of paranoia that is crazy. It takes a lot of technology and resources, money to track down the identity of every poster and their IP address etc.

I mean who would be stupid enough to give their name, location and then post damning things that could get them fired?

Well besides Dave in upstate BOG.....
You'd be surprised. If someone just went through every one of your posts, there is a good chance they'd be able to narrow you down to a handful of people just like they could with any of us.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I avoid 4chan. The lowest depths of human existence reside there.
Nah, they hang out on the dark web. ;)
(For you non-techies the dark web is a part of the internet that you can't, strictly speaking, access with a regular browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox. To properly access it you need special software and should be on a paid anonymous VPN. Don't experiment with it unless you'd like to have federal agents knocking on your door.)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'd recommend putting up a DMCA link on the site to report violations then you'd be covered. Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act has safeguard provisions indemnifying online service providers. You have to have "notice and takedown" procedures, promptly remove infringing material and have no before-hand knowledge.
I hope we are in compliance. I did as they instructed: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Back to the OP, I trust all the mods here.

Except for these guys, I don't trust them at all:

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 9.40.26 PM.png