browncafe suggestion box

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
MY suggestion:

We have an "ignore" feature. If another member annoys you to no end, simply put him on ignore. Some peoples drivel drives you insane, and it may just be better to never hear them again!
Who needs a stinking ignore button? Not me!! I rarely read anything posted by 'whatshisface'.

P

pickup

MY suggestion:

We have an "ignore" feature. If another member annoys you to no end, simply put him on ignore. Some peoples drivel drives you insane, and it may just be better to never hear them again!

This is not a complaint. The "ignore" feature is pretty good, but not foolproof. I've tried this with a certain person on this site. The only problem is that if one person quotes a post that the person on your ignore list made, then you get to see that post anyway. And then I am almost compelled to "un-ignore" the person in order to fill in the pieces of the puzzle.

Pickup nailed it. When you go to a thread and it looks like it went through a military censor then you have to back track to see who said what to piss someone off. If you don't it's like arguing with a woman. You'll shout but have no idea what your shouting about.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pickup nailed it. When you go to a thread and it looks like it went through a military censor then you have to back track to see who said what to piss someone off. If you don't it's like arguing with a woman. You'll shout but have no idea what your shouting about.
Know your place......

That is some funny :censored2: right there.

DS

Fenderbender
Start a section where its "enter at your own risk" so we can really tell it like it is.
I'm not sure if this would be a good idea.
No one is stopping you from telling people "how it is" as it is.
I do like the responses though,keep 'em coming.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not sure if this would be a good idea.
No one is stopping you from telling people "how it is" as it is.
I do like the responses though,keep 'em coming.

Oh I've had a few posts censored-----------------and I was just telling it like it is.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh I've had a few posts censored-----------------and I was just telling it like it is.

I doubt if any of your posts were telling it like it is.
I've seen many censored for the use of certain words or phrases that are not appropriate for all age groups.
Not everyone viewing this site is an ill-tempered crusty old curmudgeon like you and me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I doubt if any of your posts were telling it like it is.
I've seen many censored for the use of certain words or phrases that are not appropriate for all age groups.
Not everyone viewing this site is an ill-tempered crusty old curmudgeon like you and me.

There in lies the problem--------if you have young kids you should be interacting with them instead of wasting time on the internet. Your argument is kind of weak because I've read many many posts on here that make even an old crumudgeon like myself cringe and they sneak by under the guise of "humor" but the same words or thoughts posted in a good old internet argument is all of a sudden taboo. I know you were just trying to make a funny statement but would you admit that what I have said has some truth to it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There in lies the problem--------if you have young kids you should be interacting with them instead of wasting time on the internet. Your argument is kind of weak because I've read many many posts on here that make even an old crumudgeon like myself cringe and they sneak by under the guise of "humor" but the same words or thoughts posted in a good old internet argument is all of a sudden taboo. I know you were just trying to make a funny statement but would you admit that what I have said has some truth to it?

Sure there is but no one complained about those other posts to which you refer.