browncafe suggestion box

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure there is but no one complained about those other posts to which you refer.

So if I complained about your responce to my statement your responce would disappear? Its that easy? That sure gives a few crybabies a lot of power.

DS

Fenderbender
So if I complained about your responce to my statement your responce would disappear? Its that easy? That sure gives a few crybabies a lot of power.
Rod,you wanna be a mod?
You've been around a long time.
The bc is still the best ups website in the world for the ones that deliver the packages.
The thing is, that everyone has their own idea of pretty much everything.
You can label them ,put them down,or try to see their point.
Although this is just a social website,there is a special bond we all share that
goes beyond facebook or twitter.We all have to deal with the same crap.
Every job here is hard.They expect production to the extreme.
The ethics of fair management practices are questionable to say the least
in some areas,and the ones you call crybabies may really have a valid complaint.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Not all reported posts are deleted or certain words ****** out in the reported post.

We have very few requests for Moderation that are trivial or trite in nature.

Cheryl and the Mods rely on BC members to report posts ... so in effect, this is a self-regulated forum.

I rarely moderate posts unless they are reported by a member ... primarily because I don't read but maybe 10% of the threads on here.

Crybabies or squeaky-wheels or whatever term you care to use, that is how the process starts.

Sometimes, we will go over a week without any posts being reported and then there are other times when they just seem to stream in.

barnyard

KTM rider
How about a sticky for 'new employees looking for information.'

It seems like once a week or so, "I just did the tour, when will I get a call?" or "I am a new preloader, what should I expect?"

or do not let new users post a new thread for a month. Maybe include some google search examples for the computer illiterate.

DS

Fenderbender
It seems like once a week or so, "I just did the tour, when will I get a call?" or "I am a new preloader, what should I expect?"
or do not let new users post a new thread for a month. Maybe include some google search examples for the computer illiterate.

I feel this would just complicate things.If you see a post that bores you,rest assured some newbie will help them and move on.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod,you wanna be a mod?
You've been around a long time.
The bc is still the best ups website in the world for the ones that deliver the packages.
The thing is, that everyone has their own idea of pretty much everything.
You can label them ,put them down,or try to see their point.
Although this is just a social website,there is a special bond we all share that
goes beyond facebook or twitter.We all have to deal with the same crap.
Every job here is hard.They expect production to the extreme.
The ethics of fair management practices are questionable to say the least
in some areas,and the ones you call crybabies may really have a valid complaint.

No thanks to being a mod. You can probably tell by my postings that there wouldn't be an awful lot of moderating going on from me. I respect all the mods and realize they have a thankless job-- its just that sometimes it does seem that a few BC'ers can get away with stuff others can't and at the other end of the scale there are a few (very few probably) who probably generate most of the "tattletale" complaints and cry the loudest when their toes get stepped on a little or someone disagrees with how they think things should be done. I'm sure they act the same way at work and are the first ones to go crying to the boss when one of their coworkers does something "wrong".

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In my long tenured time on the BC I can't say I've ever had a post offend me. I sure wouldn't report one. Even if someone called me hairy and smelly I would take no offense.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Barn- that is a fantastic idea! Don't know why someone didn't think of that before. :youreright:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my long tenured time on the BC I can't say I've ever had a post offend me. I sure wouldn't report one. Even if someone called me hairy and smelly I would take no offense.

I agree with you for the most part. I have reported what I felt to be offensive posts and/or personal attacks. I have reported spam and posts with the word ":censored2:" as I find it's misuse offensive.

Buck Fifty

I agree with you for the most part. I have reported what I felt to be offensive posts and/or personal attacks. I have reported spam and posts with the word ":censored2:" as I find it's misuse offensive.

You seem to have the thinnest skin on here! If they dont agree , they are incredibly clueless and useless right. I find most of you redorick offensive, not for what you say, but for who you portray yourself as. But would never report, sensor any of it. But i do vomit in the back of my mouth a little when reading most of your post.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You seem to have the thinnest skin on here! If they dont agree , they are incredibly clueless and useless right. I find most of you redorick offensive, not for what you say, but for who you portray yourself as. But would never report, sensor any of it. But i do vomit in the back of my mouth a little when reading most of your post.

Redorick? Sensor?

Have our standards been reduced to the point where this is the quality of worker we are forced to hire?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You don't need no stinkin' ventrillo server, if you use a laptop with a built-in camera, you can show us what's up with that!
If you get Halo 4 I'll show you what's up with an energy sword to the neck. They call me sticky grenade king in my little group.

DS

Fenderbender
I made a little video.I messed up in that it's the same voice,but my first attempt was fun.
You can make a video free,but the 2nd one will cost ya.
I invite everyone to make one.
xtranormal.com
join for free,pay if you want more.
I hate my boss | Xtranormal