Bullying at west sac hub HELP!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If your just going to troll please leave this is a serious issue, or are you one of the bullying types and just like to encourage this?
tumblr_on0vk0b4Wd1vkjvs5o1_500.gif

Defender of right

Looking for help
The only reason to say just get over it is if your a bully yourself, if it was just name calling or profane gestures it wouldn't be a big deal. When it starts to get physical I am not willing to risk my job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1) If that's your real name, change it immediately.
2) Call the ethics hotline at 800-220-4126, or file an online complaint at UPS Helpline
I agree with this BC member.

I used to go to the WSac hub all the time in feeder and rarely saw problems and you have been there for 7 years? Did this recently start happening? Never had problems like this in 7 years?

I would think by now you would know how to handle this. If yours is a true story call that ethics hotline. But if it were me ( and I have been there ) you have to NIP IT IN THE BUD ! Speak to an older Feeder Steward or old timer and ask for advice. Most times this can be handled correctly before filing formal grievances , other legal recourses or calling the ethics hotline.

The ethics hotline call DOES WORK and your managers won't like it a bit but try to handle this the way I described above before going to the next level.

it's important to stand up for yourself and get the reputation that you will NOT be messed with . solves a lot of future problems.

Good luck and I would appreciate it if you report back.

Last edited:

Defender of right

Looking for help
I did actually talk to some stewards first and the answers I won't post here for reasons I won't get into. I took all the necessary steps first, local union hall was a dead end and the advice from anyone else is take it across the street. The employee who shoved me doesn't have the nerve to say anything back when I ask management why he gets to stand around but wanted to shove me I guess to let me know he thinks he is above the "law". Anyone willfully getting physical in the hub isn't afraid of losing their job and that's why this needs a "higher power" to get involved.

specter208

If possible, turn the other cheek. If they physically hurt you or get carried away with threats however, escalate and report to upper-management/Union stewardship but do not touch them back.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
The employee who shoved me doesn't have the nerve to say anything back when I ask management why he gets to stand around but wanted to shove me I guess to let me know he thinks he is above the "law".

Well, now we know why he did it. If you hadn’d tried to throw your fellow employee under the bus to try and cover your own ass, maybe he wouldn’t want to smash your face in.

Snitches get stitches.

Box Ox

several employees have been bullied by these guys.

Sorry you've gotta deal with dudes who are angry at the world over their tiny pee pees and daddy issues. They're typically insecure sissies who would lose 9/10 of fist fights if their victims physically fought back. But don't do that. Call it into the ethics hotline as others have suggested or contact your District Manager directly if nobody in the Union or management will help you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I did actually talk to some stewards first and the answers I won't post here for reasons I won't get into. I took all the necessary steps first, local union hall was a dead end and the advice from anyone else is take it across the street. The employee who shoved me doesn't have the nerve to say anything back when I ask management why he gets to stand around but wanted to shove me I guess to let me know he thinks he is above the "law". Anyone willfully getting physical in the hub isn't afraid of losing their job and that's why this needs a "higher power" to get involved.
you're just asking for trouble when you talk to management about other employees. maybe that is why no one wants to help you. just do your job and mind your own business.

sounds like it's too late though.

this is what we get trying to give good advice when we don't know the WHOLE story.

Box Ox

everybody is a puss. Un:censored2:ingbelievable. Wah wah wah. I know what my dad would tell me if I told him I was crying about being “bullied”. It’d be simple. Man up.

My dad told me to go fight the bullies. Worked out well. Just can't do it at work, so it probably gets old for a dude small/slight of build enough as an adult to get bullied.

On the other hand, kids these days probably are sensitive as :censored2: and tons of situations probably aren't as bad as portrayed on here.

Kelgirl

Never said I was being hazed, it's a hostile environment where several employees have been bullied by these guys. One coworker was confronted by the offender and told his seniority doesn't mean "crap" and he needed to shut up.
Contact California Department of Labor, tell them you've been physically assaulted @ your job. also might want to call an attorney because UPS can't allow this to happen. Got a bunch of jerk off part-time sups over in that building, their a joke. Call Perry Hogan and don't take no for a answer!

Defender of right

Looking for help
I love all these comments about mind my business, seems like these forums are filled with bullies. I doubt you would be this brave in public talking about bullying like it's a good thing. In schools bullying has killed kids, back in my day people did what was right and stopped the bully. Now we just have a bunch of internet tough guys that cyber bully because no one can get to them. I feel sorry for you and hope one day you can experience what you inflict on others. :)

Defender of right

Looking for help
Also for the record another employee stealing time is MY business and bullying is everyone's problem if not dealt with. We need to end this kind of behavior period, were all adults and should be able to act like one especially at work. Thanks for all the positive comments those of you who are actually trying to help. To the rest of you, shame.