Bullying at west sac hub HELP!

Observer

When you call the 800 number be sure and state "Hostile Work Environment" and get your case number. Things will quiet down for awhile or they actually might go away. Good luck

rickyb

What the flying :censored2: does somebody squalling about being “bullied” have to do with the economy?

I got an idea. Don’t be a pusillanimous.
which means what? keep your head down and take it?

bullying is related to the economy because the economy centralizes power and we have abuse of power.

rickyb

I pretty much just ignored everyone. What do I give two :censored2:s what someone else thinks?
wtf thats pretty pusillanimous. id have respect for you big talkers if you actually did something.

i dont think the railways had this kind of bullying from management they do nowadays. they broke the union.

i think its an improvement in society to not tolerate bullying, if thats what theyre truly doing which i doubt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
wtf thats pretty pusillanimous. id have respect for you big talkers if you actually did something.

i dont think the railways had this kind of bullying from management they do nowadays. they broke the union.

i think its an improvement in society to not tolerate bullying, if thats what theyre truly doing which i doubt.
It's not like I got my ass beat every day at school.

I got called fat a lot. Basically I was fat from 4-6 grades. After that I was the only kid playing sports that didn't have a 6 pack. So I was still the fat kid. No 6'2" 205 lbs isn't fat but it's what I was labeled as. Big :censored2:ing deal. Their problem not mine. I devolved a sense of humor is what I did.

rickyb

It's not like I got my ass beat every day at school.

I got called fat a lot. Basically I was fat from 4-6 grades. After that I was the only kid playing sports that didn't have a 6 pack. So I was still the fat kid. No 6'2" 205 lbs isn't fat but it's what I was labeled as. Big :censored2:ing deal. Their problem not mine. I devolved a sense of humor is what I did.
im talking about work place bullying.

at school if you stand up to a bully you dont lose your school. but if you stand up to a sup at a job, you might get fired.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
im talking about work place bullying.

at school if you stand up to a bully you dont lose your school. but if you stand up to a sup at a job, you might get fired.
There really isn't much that a sup could do that I would consider "bullying"

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've been with ups west sac for 7 years now and for the last couple years I've been on night shift watching blatant favoritism and frequent bullying. I've been speaking out about it and even went to the local union hall but was basically turned away without help offered. Earlier this week I was shoulder checked by a coworker and bumped into the handle for an irreg slide. When I filed the complaint about the employee with hr, and then went to the manager for my area to report it, the manager told me theres no way it was intentional and shunned me, so I told him I was going to pursue disciplinary action. Later in the evening the same manager looked at me and said " I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one" and laughed at me. I've talked to several other employees who are afraid to get involved due to retaliation, but I have a supervisor who the manager took into his office so the above employee could yell at him for 20+ minutes willing to come forward about the bullying. I'm trying to find a number for corporate to contact them as well, because this issue is way bigger than me and I need serious help. PLEASE anyone with advice or information please please help.
This is a serious problem in society. I appreciate your willingness and desire to stand up for yourself.

I won't be easy but with God's help, I encourage you to see it through to resolution.

I recommend that you have a willingness to change, only if needed, your attitude about what is your business at the workplace and what you should just ignore.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Catch them in parking lot after with work

Dole out a little street justice if that’s what it took

I disagree.

Hostility is never the answer for hostility.

Love and integrity of character is the answer.

I wish we saw more of these attributes in these forums.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've been with ups west sac for 7 years now and for the last couple years I've been on night shift watching blatant favoritism and frequent bullying. I've been speaking out about it and even went to the local union hall but was basically turned away without help offered. Earlier this week I was shoulder checked by a coworker and bumped into the handle for an irreg slide. When I filed the complaint about the employee with hr, and then went to the manager for my area to report it, the manager told me theres no way it was intentional and shunned me, so I told him I was going to pursue disciplinary action. Later in the evening the same manager looked at me and said " I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one" and laughed at me. I've talked to several other employees who are afraid to get involved due to retaliation, but I have a supervisor who the manager took into his office so the above employee could yell at him for 20+ minutes willing to come forward about the bullying. I'm trying to find a number for corporate to contact them as well, because this issue is way bigger than me and I need serious help. PLEASE anyone with advice or information please please help.
I will not tell you what to do or give you advice.

Challenging hostility in the workplace is a very daunting undertaking.

I will share my experience, strength, and hope.

I will share what I would do to deal with this situation.

First things first. Let me tell you what I would not do.

I would not initially go to management about another hourly employee.

I also would not speak to the other hourly about the issue personally.