Bumping/9.5

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Scenario; 2 cover drivers in an open route center (no bidding for lower senority). I run 3-4 different routes a week pretty much every week.
What happens when one of the vultures tries to bump me off of a gravy junk route and onto a :censored2: show after I've already had 2 9.5's??
I see no language covering this

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Scenario; 2 cover drivers in an open route center (no bidding for lower senority). I run 3-4 different routes a week pretty much every week.
What happens when one of the vultures tries to bump me off of a gravy junk route and onto a :censored2: show after I've already had 2 9.5's??

Seniority prevails

BlackCat

We had that happen many years ago.. the manager cut half the work to the guy who did the bumping.

I know it's going to happen at some point, and I kind of hope they just let it be and let me run over, so I can show them that I will file every time. This new 9.5 thing has really got people's panties in a bunch in my hood. It's hilarious. Acting like getting home by 7:30 3 nights a week is this outrageous privilege we don't deserve. As far as I'm concerned there should be a daily 8 hour day list for people with over 10 years senority.

542thruNthru

2 questions.

1. Do you have 22.4s in your building/Sat operation?

2. Did managment assign you to the route that you're being bumped off of middle of the week?

2 questions.

1. Do you have 22.4s in your building/Sat operation?

2. Did managment assign you to the route that you're being bumped off of middle of the week?
1. Yes, I'm a Tues-Sat RPCD and we are training our first 22.4s right now

2. Very rarely do we covers get to run a route for a whole week. Only if they want us to "learn it" or cover it for a vacation. We don't get weekly assignments it's just a daily free for all based on area knowledge and senority. I don't even walk into the office until 5 minutes before start time, there's only 7 drivers below me. When we are heavy I get bumped about 300 times before the dust is clear

542thruNthru

1. Yes, I'm a Tues-Sat RPCD and we are training our first 22.4s right now

2. Very rarely do we covers get to run a route for a whole week. Only if they want us to "learn it" or cover it for a vacation. We don't get weekly assignments it's just a daily free for all based on area knowledge and senority. I don't even walk into the office until 5 minutes before start time, there's only 7 drivers below me. When we are heavy I get bumped about 30 times before the dust is clear

Then it doesn't matter what route you're doing. You're on the 9.5 list.
Screenshot_20190620-202245_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

11 is a lot...10.5 is a better number. That's 2.5 hours of OT which I consider excessive.
I don't mind a 10 hour day every now and then it's just nice to know that MOST of the time I'll be home eating dinner by 700 like a normal human being. I've actually enjoyed my job this week

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't mind a 10 hour day every now and then it's just nice to know that MOST of the time I'll be home eating dinner by 700 like a normal human being. I've actually enjoyed my job this week
Just keep filing if you're violated 3 days or more. Even if you work 2 10.5 hour days in a week, file. Let the company know you will file every damn time and eventually they will keep you at 9.5 or under so they don't have to deal with your grievances. It worked for me so far.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a couple over 9.5 a couple of weeks ago. Green light of death comes on, "Can you help that guy." Me, "Only if I am forced."

I was forced and filed for penalty pay. I hope that it is the last time that happens. The reason I am on the 9.5 less is because I want to work fewer, not more hours.