Business Agent Qualification

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The last time I checked, it is more important to have a heart and soul and passion when you represent someone than merely be a "union stamped" representative
and that is where you are going away from reality.

i have seen a bunch of guys want to be a shop steward because they have a heart and soul and passion. but there are other qualities that are needed as well.

as much as i would love to fly a plane, and have the passion and heart for it, until i spend some serious time learning, it would be bad for me to try.

the passion etc comes with the job if you qualify, you dont qualify just because you have them.

the business agent is elected by the members btw. so you would have to make the guy attractive enough for them to vote for him.

it is rare for the union to appoint a ba. at least i have never heard of it, unless it was to fill a spot temporarily.

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wait for Business Agent School intent list to go up in any package, frieght, flight attendant, county worker, any area of employ that Teamsters have a hand in, sign Business Agent School intent list, wait for any or all senior employees to sign Business Agent School list, wait for all those senior employees who signed Business Agent School list to drop out of Business Agent School because they just found out they'll have to work nights and weekends, wait for 6-1 process to be fulfilled, watch as Business Agent Managers hire Business Agent off the street, wait a few more years until you have enough seniority to sign Business Agent School intent list again and finally get called, complete Business Agent School, get hired on as Business Agent, work nights and weekends, buy new clothes at Goodwill because your old ones will not fit, develop reputation as having not done a thing for rank and file, start getting blood pressure problems because your job is in jeopardy, start hearing rumors of someone posting on a UPS forum board that you are a worthless piece of crap and need replacing, start wondering what you would do if you lose this job because now you are completly out of touch with the real world and are completly out of shape, watch as the rank and file get increasingly mad at you and threaten to take your job, sit back and watch as nobody wants to step up and sign the new Business Agent School intent list, keep your job for the next 20 years because nobody can put their money where their mouth is.

Eerily accurate.:wink2: