Business-Heavy Route -- Question

I dont give a rats ass how "tight" an area is. If you are doing 30 stops an hour, thats still a stop every 2 minutes for 7 straight *ing hours to do your 210 stops.

Screw that.
Mgmt pretends that they don’t understand this logic…it’s not that complicated. Moving your body at that pace in and out of your truck 200+times a day isn’t sustainable. They don’t care and will give the work if it gets done in 9.5 three times a week

quad decade guy

How over allowed are you. Lmao 40 years here and you still don’t get that the numbers mean nothing.
K tough guy....

Now reality...

The numbers mean something.....UPS measures everything.....someone is watching.

Missed pkgs and missed pickups will get someone's attention.....the consequences will vary. And yeah I've seen people eventually fired.....because they became the attention of someone....No? Absolutely.....there are countless folks on here. Now, for "numbers"?

They'll get you one way or the other.

Now, after the first day of all of this....I'd get a steward and have a sit down with the Mgr. Because massive over allowed and missed stuff will draw heat from above....guaranteed. This is why I took any route and never covered. At least my day would be somewhat consistent. Every day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
K tough guy....

Now reality...

The numbers mean something.....UPS measures everything.....someone is watching.

Missed pkgs and missed pickups will get someone's attention.....the consequences will vary. And yeah I've seen people eventually fired.....because they became the attention of someone....No? Absolutely.....there are countless folks on here. Now, for "numbers"?

They'll get you one way or the other.

Now, after the first day of all of this....I'd get a steward and have a sit down with the Mgr. Because massive over allowed and missed stuff will draw heat from above....guaranteed. This is why I took any route and never covered. At least my day would be somewhat consistent. Every day.
Reality

Called into office

Mgr: why were you 2 hours over and had missed pieces

Steward: we don’t recognize your numbers and he let you know he would have missed.

End of meeting.

quad decade guy

Reality

Called into office

Mgr: why were you 2 hours over and had missed pieces

Steward: we don’t recognize your numbers and he let you know he would have missed.

End of meeting.
Fair enough.....

Now, just after you left.....Mgr: "Start following him"......ORS: "OK".........Mgr: "just get him on a seatbelt or something that will stick...."
"stealing time....." ORS: "OK".....

No?.....I've seen it many times....

A resolution is a whole other conversation.

Brownslave688

Fair enough.....

Now, just after you left.....Mgr: "Start following him"......ORS: "OK".........Mgr: "just get him on a seatbelt or something that will stick...."
"stealing time....." ORS: "OK".....

No?.....I've seen it many times....

A resolution is a whole other conversation.
“I’ve seen it many times”

Yeah ok

And I’ve watched driver after driver run way over year after year and nothing happen.

You are weak and scared clearly. Just do the job. It isn’t that hard.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

Yeah ok

And I’ve watched driver after driver run way over year after year and nothing happen.

His center manager has his testicles in a pickle jar under his desk. About twice a week he pulls them out and smiles at them. Quite a trophy.

quad decade guy

Yeah ok

K. Ask ghopper on here about "numbers".....clearly.....FIRED!

Yeah ok. I'm clearly....not scared but smart enough to know better.....there Chief.

quad decade guy

Yeah ok

And Chief.....

I've been there 40 years.....I know what UPS is like.

UPS has a rep for a reason.......try not to pretend otherwise. I know better. You make it sound like Sopranos tough guys.....hardly.

Brownslave688

And Chief.....

I've been there 40 years.....I know what UPS is like.

UPS has a rep for a reason.......try not to pretend otherwise. I know better. You make it sound like Sopranos tough guys.....hardly.
A rep? Of what? You’re clearly the only one that is so scared of all of this.

Like I said. Come to work. Do your job. Go home. Retire in 30 years. It’s not hard.

Sure I’ve seen people fired. Basically major accidents or people that call in 1+ days per week.

PPH_over_9000

Damn, you guys really took this thread over, huh?

Don't mean to interrupt, I just want to update really quick. I ended up covering this route again two weeks ago. It took a couple days but a big part of my problem was that I didn't know the difference between on-route pick-ups and scheduled pick-ups. Over half of this route's pick-ups are on-route, but when I saw what looked like a scheduled time next to the stop I thought I had to be at all those places at exact times.

Once I figured that out, the route became much, much easier to run. It also helps when you figure out where to go and who to talk to when you have a :censored2:-ton of business stops.

So yeah, that's the gist of it. I was just ignorant of things that I should've known a year ago, lol. Well... that's it. I guess y'all can carry on now.

21Savage

Don't mean to interrupt, I just want to update really quick. I ended up covering this route again two weeks ago. It took a couple days but a big part of my problem was that I didn't know the difference between on-route pick-ups and scheduled pick-ups. Over half of this route's pick-ups are on-route, but when I saw what looked like a scheduled time next to the stop I thought I had to be at all those places at exact times.

Once I figured that out, the route became much, much easier to run. It also helps when you figure out where to go and who to talk to when you have a *-ton of business stops.

So yeah, that's the gist of it. I was just ignorant of things that I should've known a year ago, lol. Well... that's it. I guess y'all can carry on now.
On demand?

PPH_over_9000

On demand?

No, supe' just called them on route pickups. They say something like ORPU to the right of the stop on the diad.

I never got an explanation as to what the time means next to those pick-ups, but I was told that they can be picked up any time throughout the day.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Once I figured that out, the route became much, much easier to run. It also helps when you figure out where to go and who to talk to when you have a *-ton of business stops.

Isn’t it awesome how they just send us out on routes like this without any kind of advice or explanation? Just a diad with all the stops scrambled into the complete wrong order.

21Savage

No, supe' just called them on route pickups. They say something like ORPU to the right of the stop on the diad.

I never got an explanation as to what the time means next to those pick-ups, but I was told that they can be picked up any time throughout the day.
Never heard of any pickup that can be closed out whenever you want other than an on call... But if that's what your ORS said, go for it.

quad decade guy

A rep? Of what? You’re clearly the only one that is so scared of all of this.

Like I said. Come to work. Do your job. Go home. Retire in 30 years. It’s not hard.

Sure I’ve seen people fired. Basically major accidents or people that call in 1+ days per week.
Well a lot of the scenarios on BC for people being fired are very familiar where I work at UPS. I don't know about Sopranos UPS....

I don't think working at UPS is hard.

I never said I was a rep. I've worked in Automotive and Operations. 40 years....pkg 15, feeder 15. Auto 10.

I'm not scared , just smart. I'm also not a thug....

BTW, I've seen way more people fired for time related things than accidents. Major accidents are relatively rare as are multiple accidents in a year for example. But people missing trailers, sorts and pkgs and pickups much, much more common that leads to being fired.

IDGAF. Smear me all you can....it just makes you look small and petty....pretty common on BC.

quad decade guy

Isn’t it awesome how they just send us out on routes like this without any kind of advice or explanation? Just a diad with all the stops scrambled into the complete wrong order.
That's why I was never a swing driver. Give me the worst regular route any day.

Swing drivers spent lot's of time off the clock massaging loads and talking with the regular route guy. Just trying to not friend up and survive...no thanks.