Business heavy routes

I was trained running RDO without the MapNav. Mapnav is nice when you are out cold. Other than that it’s just annoying. Especially in the woods where most roads only have like 10-15 houses and you’ve been to every one of them multiple times
I do find that map nav can get me to the right house 80% of the time in the country. On say a 5 house driveway without numbers.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I do find that map nav can get me to the right house 80% of the time in the country. On say a 5 house driveway without numbers.
Yep, you learn as a cover to use it when you need it but never really trust it. It usually gets you close enough to where you should be able to figure out how to find it. But sometimes you just pull over and call the bid guy. I hate it when they send guys out there that don’t like the woods and you get 10 pkgs sheeted NSN that you gotta go clean up. Working in the woods is REAL driver work. Be a man, admit that you need help finding it and make a damn phone call

Overpaid Union Thug

Once we started becoming a furniture delivery business a few years ago I decided to try out a commercial stop route. The best option in the last biannual bid was one of our mall routes. So I took it and love it so far.

No more delivering furniture. No more Rouge Fitness. No more zigzagin around illegally parked Amazon and FedEx Ground vans in the streets. No more split level houses. No more annoying dogs.

I walk more (allot) but it’s entirely flat. Most of my bulk stops are a breeze. There are heavy boxes (rare) but I can usually pull them in the special cart with one hand. But typically two fingers are enough.

I’ve ran every type of route we have. Country routes are good for when we are closing in on retirement. Industrial routes often have plenty of over 70s. Dense resi routes have become furniture vans. I prefer “semi rural” routes as long as the first half are mostly commercial with no scheduled pickups. But, so far, I wish I had bid a mall route years ago.

Taking a full lunch in the middle of the day and making pickups during the assigned times makes it virtually impossible for a dispatcher to add any more commercial stops. Also being on the 9.5 list has the same affect on their ability to add resi stops.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Take your full uninterrupted lunch in the middle of the day. Stay on ORION. Get on the 9.5 list and file for EACH day you are over 9.5.

I do all that except the Orion. I have tried, over and over again. It's just so against every fiber of my being to do things in a stupid way. Even when they tell us to deliver air on route, I still try to get as much off before the commit time as I can. They don't care that I am out 'til 8 or later every night, while comparable routes are in by 5:30 every night, with half the stops.

I'm on the 9.5 list, and file, and they started trying to harass me for it before things got crazy. I expect them to pick back up with the harassment campaign when/if things die down, and I will file on that as well.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Business are simple. You are literally going and picking up at the same places everyday. Get close with your customers like I do and they just text me if they have anything going out or not at the same time everyday. If they don’t text, I show up anyways to check.

Overpaid Union Thug

Business are simple. You are literally going and picking up at the same places everyday. Get close with your customers like I do and they just text me if they have anything going out or not at the same time everyday. If they don’t text, I show up anyways to check.

I refuse to text or play phone tag with customers. Plus, it’s better to just go to the pickups. The time studies are virtual nowadays and the system learns from our habits. You don’t want to lose time for them. The more you lose the more work your dispatcher will attempt to add to your route.