Buy out in 2023??

fatboy33

There's been rumors of a buy out possibly being offered in 2023. I believe a few years ago, they offered the buy out to senior CSA agents. Does anyone know if this time around the senior couriers will be offered? I'm making almost 35 dollars per hours but If its worth it, I take it.

purplelife

There was only a couple dozen people who got the last buyout and it was mostly upper management. I would highly doubt it happens but crazy stuff happens these days.

Serf

Management got offered buy outs. As in upper mgt. Topped out ppl were offered the Chance to go part time.

There's been rumors of a buy out possibly being offered in 2023. I believe a few years ago, they offered the buy out to senior CSA agents. Does anyone know if this time around the senior couriers will be offered? I'm making almost 35 dollars per hours but If its worth it, I take it.
Rumors from who? Don't start this B.S. again. They will never offer buyouts again to anyone that works near a package (and that includes front line managers). The only ones who were offered them last time are positions they didn't have to backfill. So the question we all should have been asking was what the heck were those people even doing then? If we don't have to replace you then why did you have a job here in the first place?

purplelife

Rumors from who? Don't start this B.S. again. They will never offer buyouts again to anyone that works near a package (and that includes front line managers). The only ones who were offered them last time are positions they didn't have to backfill. So the question we all should have been asking was what the heck were those people even doing then? If we don't have to replace you then why did you have a job here in the first place?
Truth. Why do a buyout when you can tighten screws on performance and force people out, reduce hours and just wait for people to retire. Can barely hire period to begin with so it'll only take a few months to reduce headcount.

yadig

If employees believe in a buyout at express, that’s the problem at express. Vote in a damn union! They’re gonna fail taking care of the shareholders anyway!

Serf

A new system has been put in place called “Valet.” It basically puts couriers in new sort functions on a daily basis. So example 30 yr courier who loads 2-3 trucks in the morning has to go offloads can on Tuesday. That’s the buy out, when that employee decides they’ve had enough and retires.

HedleyLamarr

A new system has been put in place called “Valet.” It basically puts couriers in new sort functions on a daily basis. So example 30 yr courier who loads 2-3 trucks in the morning has to go offloads can on Tuesday. That’s the buy out, when that employee decides they’ve had enough and retires.
We have Valet at our station now, but we have been told to ignore it and go by what our old schedule was. But, according to Valet, on Monday I should working the night sort and not running my route at all. It's going to be a mess when the company forces us to actually obey it.

Nolimitz

ty
We have Valet at our station now, but we have been told to ignore it and go by what our old schedule was. But, according to Valet, on Monday I should working the night sort and not running my route at all. It's going to be a mess when the company forces us to actually obey it.
typical BS

Serf

That’s actually amazing. What’s even better is trying to implement it before peak. If I know anything at all, it’s FedEx will fail miserably at any innovation no matter what. Take it to the bank.

thedownhillEXPRESS

We’ve had valet at our station since before the pandemic and never followed it. They told us to ignore it the first week when they had handlers scheduled to do the CTVs and
routes starting at 1900.

NC man

Valet,another stupid idea by upper mgmt. put people loading trucks that never did it and watch the boxes pile up or belt stop every minute because stuff keeps going by and take that truck loader to doc sort where he has to search for where to put each letter , will learn, but just slows things down.
Yea ,no buyout is coming. They can just fire you , no reason needed but they will give you one.maybe.
Your portable pension is your buyout.