Buy out

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
@UpstateNYUPSer
yesitis2.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As long as there are air drivers and a 4 year progression and tcd..... then we already have 2 tier wages... what don't you people understand about this... and btw... stop thinking Ups is going to buy you out... not going to happen... ever. They would rather work you to death and have you get hurt then replace you that way... fact

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As long as there are air drivers and a 4 year progression and tcd..... then we already have 2 tier wages... what don't you people understand about this... and btw... stop thinking Ups is going to buy you out... not going to happen... ever. They would rather work you to death and have you get hurt then replace you that way... fact
....don't forget supervisors???

97% of us turn a blind eye to all violations.....then dream about a buy out???

LOL!!!!

SMH

542thruNthru

Anybody think UPS would consider pushing for a two tier driver wage on the next contract? If so would they consider a buyout options for the old guys?

Your post pretty much just reads.

"Do you think UPS will pay me to screw young drivers?"

How about you just work your damn years and stop trying to screw the new guy. You're the reason the young guys vote to screw the retired drivers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your post pretty much just reads.

"Do you think UPS will pay me to screw young drivers?"

How about you just work your damn years and stop trying to screw the new guy. You're the reason the young guys vote to screw the retired drivers.
That's what we have done as a union for decades...

What generation will choose to pay it forward like those of yesteryear....

....or will we have to hit rock bottom before acknowledging that we may have a problem???

10 Pt

Was the "buy out" question on this last ERI (EES or whatever they renamed it)?
There may be your answer imo.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Was the "buy out" question on this last ERI (EES or whatever they renamed it)?
There may be your answer imo.
They just like to "buy out" their management "partners"... and it's probably pennies on the dollar....always have a few who take the carrot

10 Pt

They just like to "buy out" their management "partners"... and it's probably pennies on the dollar....always have a few who take the carrot
They probably have more stress than I do. I'm not sure I could survive being a "partner" in this management climate.

anHOURover

Hey
I post the facts here brother
FACT

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Anybody think UPS would consider pushing for a two tier driver wage on the next contract? If so would they consider a buyout options for the old guys?

Yes to the two tier and no to the buyout.

I posted somewhere 6 months ago or so.

UPS had/has 2 priorities for the 2018 contract.

1. A wage cap on new hires. (Two-tier wages)

2. A matching 401k for new employees instead of a defined pension.

Whether they get either one of those, or both, or none, is up to us, the ones that vote on the contract.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes to the two tier and no to the buyout.

I posted somewhere 6 months ago or so.

UPS had/has 2 priorities for the 2018 contract.

1. A wage cap on new hires. (Two-tier wages)

2. A matching 401k for new employees instead of a defined pension.

Whether they get either one of those, or both, or none, is up to us, the ones that vote on the contract.

Toss in a signing bonus and both will pass quite easily.