Buyouts

Oldfart

You're already retired. Why do you care?
Still an active employee, just VERY part time. Don't worry, one day if you work hard maybe you can work 3 days a week and still have full benefits. Highly doubtful your management would do that for you though. Bummer

Preventable

Still an active employee, just VERY part time. Don't worry, one day if you work hard maybe you can work 3 days a week and still have full benefits. Highly doubtful your management would do that for you though. Bummer

So you do admit this was a sweetheart deal for you (aka favoritism), not "I just bid on a job they posted thats it".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I wouldn’t get too used to it.

Bummer!

bacha29

Settled in and kicking back for the next 18 months or until I decide I have done enough. Dont let it bother you so much. I am sure your job is ALMOST as sweet. Well. Probably not. Bummer
What emotions are we supposed to experience following this revelation? If envy is your expectation then sorry Bud It's going to take a far more impressive list of life accomplishments than what you've demonstrated thus far in order to get that. In fact I feel very confident that the only real reason for your still being there period is because management was unable to find a way to get rid of you that wasn't in conflict with age discrimination laws or company policy. Bummer!

Oldfart

What emotions are we supposed to experience following this revelation? If envy is your expectation then sorry Bud It's going to take a far more impressive list of life accomplishments than what you've demonstrated thus far in order to get that. In fact I feel very confident that the only real reason for your still being there period is because management was unable to find a way to get rid of you that wasn't in conflict with age discrimination laws or company policy. Bummer!
I was just answering Cactus. Like I said, I already started the retirement process when my manager set this route up, so once again you are WRONG. Emotions? I didnt expect anything from you , tex, cactus and operational but bitterness , fear and paranoia. Most unhappy people display those everyday.

fedex_rtd

To bad they won't make it to hourly employees.

True, but the last time FedEx offered buyouts was back around the time of the last recession. The orange ass has been in office for 2 years now, and he owns the the fallout from poor leadership on the economy.

Hope you enjoy working part time trying to preserve your 401k

bacha29

I was just answering Cactus. Like I said, I already started the retirement process when my manager set this route up, so once again you are WRONG. Emotions? I didnt expect anything from you , tex, cactus and operational but bitterness , fear and paranoia. Most unhappy people display those everyday.
Fear? Of what? The only thing we might have to fear is no longer having you around to amuse and entertain us. Seriously John, look keep going for as long as you can because when you're out of the workforce there is no going back. While no one company will go on record and state it publicly, privately they want the older worker out of the workforce because they are viewed by younger workers as an obstruction in their pathway to better employment. In my case, I was so busted up physically that I had to step aside and go get surgically overhauled. Later on after being discharged and rehabbed I would go for interviews , the interviewer and I would sit there looking across the table at each other both knowing that my only reason for being there was to show that the employer was labor law compliant. I stopped applying because I was done burning up my gas for the sake becoming nothing more than a means to an end that didn't benefit me in any way.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Fear? Of what? The only thing we might have to fear is no longer having you around to amuse and entertain us. Seriously John, look keep going for as long as you can because when you're out of the workforce there is no going back. While no one company will go on record and state it publicly, privately they want the older worker out of the workforce because they are viewed by younger workers as an obstruction in their pathway to better employment. In my case, I was so busted up physically that I had to step aside and go get surgically overhauled. Later on after being discharged and rehabbed I would go for interviews , the interviewer and I would sit there looking across the table at each other both knowing that my only reason for being there was to show that the employer was labor law compliant. I stopped applying because I was done burning up my gas for the sake becoming nothing more than a means to an end that didn't benefit me in any way.
you will be

vantexan

What bitterness? I'm retired. Heading to Colombia. Life is good!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oldfart may claim to be enjoying “the good life” but more than likely his wife is having to pick up the slack to put food on the table working all sorts of overtime so he can hook and slice his way thru the golf course while he brings home peanuts.

Preventable

Probably just white collar, non-customer contact personnel. Fred doesn’t like the hourly help.

Yeah this is what I heard, mostly staff positions in places like Memphis, Miami, Indy, Oakland etc. I don't think even very many operations managers will be offered it. And you guys saying that its because Fred doesn't care about hourlies: He loves you guys and doesn't want you to go (same with ops managers)! =)