C.I.R.—A Handy Guide

This morning I asked why we could not choose sig options 1, 2 or 3 with #1, 2 or 3 on the keyboard. Reply, "Oh, that used to work like that, Atlanta decided it was not needed."

Would have been way, way, way smarter to not tell me that.
I wondered that myself why we had to use the touch screen instead of the key pad.

barnyard

KTM rider
If the chuckleheads rolling this out wanted us to use it, they would make it easier, faster. They should be updating the names once a night for the 1st week and once a week after for a month or 2. We were told this morning that it would update once a month or so. Less in the future.

WTF

I said, "If you only want us to use it in the summer, leave it. Right now sigs are faster."

Every day, I lose a little more respect for those I work for.
Since I have been running the same stops for a couple months now it is less intrusive to not interrupt someone for a signature. Not faster as I still have to wait for the occasional INVALID SELECTION to pop up before I leave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I said, "If you only want us to use it in the summer, leave it. Right now sigs are faster."

Every day, I lose a little more respect for those I work for.

Once you figure out which shippers allow CIR it is definitely much faster than getting a signature.

Surepost packages, any signature required packages and shipments from McKesson are just a few examples of packages that we cannot use CIR for.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Typical Union Bad A//...couldn't run a business even if his daddy owned it..but sure can tell you how to run yours...but that is why you work for us and not the other way around.
You are a Center Manager, so you dont “run a business” either. You dont make decisions. Your job is to facilitate someone else’s plan and to generate whatever compliance metrics they want to see, regardless of whether or not it makes good business sense to do so.
People who live in glass houses...

ughmyjob

If the chuckleheads rolling this out wanted us to use it, they would make it easier, faster. They should be updating the names once a night for the 1st week and once a week after for a month or 2. We were told this morning that it would update once a month or so. Less in the future.

WTF

A lot of the business here say that the person hasn’t worked there in years