CAFE standards kill

El Correcto

god is dead
There’s literally nothing on the first page of this thread that gets past Wrong posting questionable links.

Any idiot can start a thread with some posted links.

You and I have seen it before...it is what it is.
To be honest I didn’t even read the article I posted with this thread. I just wanted to be angry at CAFE standards because it is liberal idiocy.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yes.

I said the higher fleet average MPG regulations hurt American companies that are getting out of the small car market.

Then you said their stock prices are bad because their vehicle quality is bad.

I said why bring that up it doesn't have anything to do with MPG. Then you implied you didn't bring it up.....

Must be TDS.

The American people and the American manufactures are both shooting themselves in the foot.

Consumers want the bloated SUVs and oversized pickups. That's the reason manufacturers are getting out of the small sedan and hatchback markets. Once gas prices spike again, both will be SOL.

El Correcto

god is dead
The American people and the American manufactures are both shooting themselves in the foot.

Consumers want the bloated SUVs and oversized pickups. That's the reason manufacturers are getting out of the small sedan and hatchback markets. Once gas prices spike again, both will be SOL.
Thats called demand fren. They are also marking up the prices on vehicles Americans buy to produce these vehicles they end up selling at a loss(I’ve bought one from Ford, they reached out to me and knocked off thousands.) just to keep bureaucrats happy.

BrownArmy

You’re really misinformed. No one wants ferret organs no matter how sick they are. They need to die like a good cishet, the way god intended.

Uh, times are changing muh friend.

At this point, medical science has caught up to reality.

The ‘reality’ is that homosexuals are just like heterosexuals in the population...

I.E. some people are risk-factors, but that’s independent of sexual orientation.

And, you’re correct, there is still a stigma against gay men vis-a-vis ‘anything that could be donated’, whether it’s blood, semen, organs, whatever.

But it’s changing.

El Correcto

god is dead
Y’all are taking something that had good intentions, putting the Muslim Mafia in their place and weaponizing it for your commie agenda.

It’s as bad as them putting ethanol in my gas.

El Correcto

god is dead
Uh, times are changing muh friend.

At this point, medical science has caught up to reality.

The ‘reality’ is that homosexuals are just like heterosexuals in the population...

I.E. some people are risk-factors, but that’s independent of sexual orientation.

And, you’re correct, there is still a stigma against gay men vis-a-vis ‘anything that could be donated’, whether it’s blood, semen, organs, whatever.

But it’s changing.
Too late, I don’t forgive the Cishets.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Thats called demand fren. They are also marking up the prices on vehicles Americans buy to produce these vehicles they end up selling at a loss(I’ve bought one from Ford, they reached out to me and knocked off thousands.) just to keep bureaucrats happy.

Bologna. I know the bloated profit margins on big SUVs and loaded pickups.

10k off on a new friend-150 King Ranch? They are still making 5-7k in profit.

El Correcto

god is dead
Bologna. I know the bloated profit margins on big SUVs and loaded pickups.

10k off on a new friend-150 King Ranch? They are still making 5-7k in profit.
The vehicle they sold at a loss to me was a tiny sedan. Their fiesta, I bought it for a significant other for around 8k walking out the door. They practically gave it to me fren, it’s the only reason I bought the little :censored2: box.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Maybe.
Or maybe high gas prices are just something Americans are used to now. Lots of midsize SUVs and crossovers are getting 30mpg already, prices would have to go up a lot to make a difference.

I don't think a lot of people who buy trucks are going to switch to a Corolla if gas prices go up though.

BrownArmy

Too late, I don’t forgive the Cishets.

Yah, I get it, but it’s supply and demand.

The demand part is catching up to the supply part.

There has always been the need for (xyz), and by law or practice, gay and lesbian individuals were strictly prohibited from donating (whatever).

Even though hetero’s were as guilty or more of everything that homo’s got associated with, the burden fell on the homosexuals.

Whatever, there’s no pink flag on your license, the hospital harvesting your organs has no idea you’re gay.

Wear your helmet and sign that organ donor card.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The vehicle they sold at a loss to me was a tiny sedan. Their fiesta, I bought it for a significant other for around 8k walking out the door. They practically gave it to me fren, it’s the only reason I bought the little :censored2: box.

That's easy. Once Ford stopped building them, the dealers wanted them off their floor plans and out of their lots.

Practically gave them away.

And please learn how to spell 'friend'.

El Correcto

god is dead
That's easy. Once Ford stopped building them, the dealers wanted them off their floor plans and out of their lots.

Practically gave them away.

And please learn how to spell 'friend'.
Sorry fren,
CB34D315-D1D2-4313-AC8D-EB01279BDC08.jpeg

It was around 9k not 8k. I just remember once the relationship went sour, I sold the car and didnt lose money on it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Maybe.
Or maybe high gas prices are just something Americans are used to now. Lots of midsize SUVs and crossovers are getting 30mpg already, prices would have to go up a lot to make a difference.

I don't think a lot of people who buy trucks are going to switch to a Corolla if gas prices go up though.

You might be surprised.

And, in my part-time retirement job, I drive many midsized SUVs and crossovers. Very few actually will get that mileage in real world driving situations.

Full-size trucks, not a chance