Calculate Hourly Total Compensation

SayWhat

I have seen other discussions here that gave different dollars amounts for total compensation. I know it is not the for everyone. But, what is the breakdown of the different components per hour?
Example: Salary + Medical(medical,dental,vision) + Leave(vacation, sick days,holidays)
+ Disability(short&long term) + Life Insurance + Social Security + Retirement +
Workman's Comp. + Unemployment Insurance = Total Compensation.
Pardon me if I missed anything. If no one has an answer, where can I get this information? Who does have this information? HR is not the answer.
Thanks.

Johney

I remember being told many years ago that it was $10 more per hour for a 20 year employee. Not sure if that was true or not.

SayWhat

Article 34 gives annual increases like fifty cents and a dollar each year. However, it does not indicate whether it is an hourly increase (I think so) or what? Also, what is that amount added to.

PACNW

Almost $54hr for a driver in my area. That's just wage/health/pension. No idea with all of the other factors.

Tony Q

Between health and welfare, pension, and wages its almost fifty nine an hour for a driver who is through progression. I believe the you add around twenty one dollars and fifty cents per hour to your hourly rate of pay. Part-time workers are at around fifteen and she change.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Opinions are like :censored2:s....everyone has'em and they all stink to everyone else.

To the OP, you will not find a verifiable answer on this site. Just a bunch of opinions!

SayWhat

upsers.com does not have it on their site. HR gives an answer no better than some of answers posted here. Maybe the combined answers posted here might get very close, after researching them all.
Who knows someone might even surprise us with a definitive answer.

SayWhat

Sorry, I usually just read post. Am I supposed to reply to all the replies. Did not mean to disrespect anyone.
I am getting some helpful info.

SayWhat

True oldngray, my bad. I attempted to say that in my original post, however I left out the word "same" in the second sentence. My typing SUCKS. Maybe an exact equation(formula) with some of the guidelines on how get the hourly value for each component(variable).

35years

Gravy route
I have seen other discussions here that gave different dollars amounts for total compensation. I know it is not the for everyone. But, what is the breakdown of the different components per hour?
Example: Salary + Medical(medical,dental,vision) + Leave(vacation, sick days,holidays)
Pardon me if I missed anything. If no one has an answer, where can I get this information? Who does have this information? HR is not the answer.
Thanks.
I don't believe you.
Member since 2007.
First posting in 2018 during contract negotiations.

OK mr. management troll, your next question...

Is it true UPS drivers are the best paid in the industry?

So tell us what you do at UPS and why you are so curious about our compensation...

And answer this for me...
What is David Abney's total compensation per hour worked?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks.

Let's simplify this a little, if you want a total compensation dollar amount, eliminate everything that doesn't end up in my pocket eventually. It really doesn't matter to me if the company pays for something. If I can't spend the money, it's not compensation, it's a benefit. Social security can sort of be seen as compensation, because it pays out later, but it's really a tax to fund a government program, which is split between the company and employee. Workers comp and unemployment insurance are to minimize employer's costs, and only compensate anyone if they get hurt on the job or lose their job respectively.

The question you want answered is what is the company's cost of employment per employee? HR doesn't have a clue, they are supposed to keep the company from getting sued, a job they do poorly since they do nothing to reign in bad managers. You need to ask a finance manager, they should know the numbers backwards and forwards.