California

Slackerfour1

Anybody else getting laid off?? I’m from a small center in Central Cali. They Just laid off 20% of the drivers including me(almost 10 years in).. also hearing the fired all the new hires in pre-load that were hired in peak that didn’t make probation..

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember the couple with the 13 kids locked up? The court is deciding whether or not they should have any contact with their kids. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They lost the right to be around ANY kids IMO. This liberal :censored2: is crippling!!!

It will be fine

Remember the couple with the 13 kids locked up? The court is deciding whether or not they should have any contact with their kids. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They lost the right to be around ANY kids IMO. This liberal :censored2: is crippling!!!
Court's default position is to keep families together, isn't that basic religious right thinking? I imagine they won't decide to do so in this case, but what's wrong with that being the default goal? Many people just need some help.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Court's default position is to keep families together, isn't that basic religious right thinking? I imagine they won't decide to do so in this case, but what's wrong with that being the default goal? Many people just need some help.
each case would be different. In this one......you chain your kids up,you starve them etc....you lose you right to ever see them again!!! Sometimes it's better to be apart!!

vantexan

You don't know what basic religious right thinking is? Surprising since you're always telling us what we should be thinking and doing as Christians.

It will be fine

each case would be different. In this one......you chain your kids up,you starve them etc....you lose you right to ever see them again!!! Sometimes it's better to be apart!!
You seem upset that the court is deciding what to do. Would you rather there be no process and the courts just take people's children willy nilly?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You seem upset that the court is deciding what to do. Would you rather there be no process and the courts just take people's children willy nilly?
yeah,because that's exactly what I said!!!
The courts let killers go.....Kate's killer is found innocent after someone died.
No one died and this couple is gonna go for life. Something needs to be balanced.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anybody else getting laid off?? I’m from a small center in Central Cali. They Just laid off 20% of the drivers including me(almost 10 years in).. also hearing the fired all the new hires in pre-load that were hired in peak that didn’t make probation..

Its UPS's annual house cleaning. It happens every year about this time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You don't know what basic religious right thinking is? Surprising since you're always telling us what we should be thinking and doing as Christians.
When the evangelicals think Trump gets a "mulligan" I have a pretty good idea what their basic religious right thinking is.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

This isn't just Calderon's crusade. The California cities of San Luis Obispo and Davis both passed straws-on-request laws last year, and Manhattan Beach maintains a prohibition on all disposable plastics. And up in Seattle, food service businesses won't be allowed to offer plastic straws or utensils as of July.

vantexan

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

This isn't just Calderon's crusade. The California cities of San Luis Obispo and Davis both passed straws-on-request laws last year, and Manhattan Beach maintains a prohibition on all disposable plastics. And up in Seattle, food service businesses won't be allowed to offer plastic straws or utensils as of July.
Well it would open up a lot of dishwasher jobs for the illegals they protect.