California

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Idaho is not in California.
Quoted from the article:

"As a brief to the Supreme Court from California localities asks, what does “practically available” mean? Is shelter not practically available if it has a requirement or limitation inconvenient or unsuitable for someone? Does a city have to count how many homeless people it has on any given day to see if it can enforce its ordinances? For big, overwhelmed cities, like Los Angeles and Portland, it isn’t even a question."

I realize it stemmed from a Boise, Idaho city ordinance, but focus was shifted to its impact on California.

Shrugs.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Idaho is not in California.
There is about 3% of the population that is not employable and marginally functional in society.
There will always be homeless people in the USA because our legal system respects the rights of the individual.
I have experience with this group of people and there are always some people 'living out in the woods'.
I have learned to accept these people that refuse to try and fit into our society.
I give them money and food as I can.

The is my friend 'Drum'.
He is always drumming on his 5 gallon crystal jug.
He has greyed a lot in the last 8 years as our friendship has developed and strengthened.
I see him on my way to concerts and I stop by and say hello and give him a twenty.
I'm going to a concert tomorrow and I plan to give him a hundred for Christmas.
It breaks my heart but I respect his right to live his life on his own terms.
Drummer at L5P.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There is about 3% of the population that is not employable and marginally functional in society.
There will always be homeless people in the USA because our legal system respects the rights of the individual.
I have experience with this group of people and there are always some people 'living out in the woods'.
I have learned to accept these people that refuse to try and fit into our society.

The is my friend 'Drum'.
He has greyed a lot in the last 8 years as our friendship has developed and strengthened.
I see him on my way to concerts and I stop by and say hello and give him a twenty.
View attachment 276252
James Taylor doppelganger.

bbsam

Staff member

The is my friend 'Drum'.
View attachment 276252

In your opinion, what percentage of homeless want to be homeless?

I agree that they do exist. Just not sure how many are homeless by choice.