California

Box Ox

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Gov. Gavin Newsom to face recall election as Republican-led effort hits signature goal

SACRAMENTO —
Propelled by growing voter frustration over California’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a Republican-led drive to remove Gov. Gavin Newsom from office collected enough voter signatures to qualify for the ballot, state officials reported Monday, triggering for only the second time in state history a rapid-fire campaign to decide whether to oust a sitting governor.

Recall backers submitted more than 1,495,709 verified voter signatures — equal to 12% of all ballots cast in the last gubernatorial election — meeting the minimum threshold to force a special recall election, according to a tally released by Secretary of State Shirley Weber. Barring intervention by the courts, Newsom will face a statewide vote of confidence by year’s end.

MAKAVELI

Release the criminals....what could go wrong?
They aren't just releasing prisoners. Try reading more than the headline. Giving early release credit for good behavior, work, education, etc.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's called rehabilitation not just incarceration. The goal is to help these prisoners from re-entering the prison system.
You know as well as I do that prison is a revolving door for many violent criminals. They have a 64% recidivism rate. You want to roll the dice with them reoffending against someone you love? I don’t. Y’all have fun! Glad I’m over 3,000 miles away from there.

MAKAVELI

You know as well as I do that prison is a revolving door for many violent criminals. They have a 64% recidivism rate. You want to roll the dice with them reoffending against someone you love? I don’t. Y’all have fun! Glad I’m over 3,000 miles away from there.
Sorry OP but just locking them up does nothing but worsen the problem. It's a revolving door because the system is broken. You take a headline as the gospel without doing your own research of what the program is and who exactly is being released early in this program. And like most bible thumpers you don't believe in your own religious beliefs of redemption. Smh...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sorry OP but just locking them up does nothing but worsen the problem. It's a revolving door because the system is broken. You take a headline as the gospel without doing your own research of what the program is and who exactly is being released early in this program. And like most bible thumpers you don't believe in your own religious beliefs of redemption. Smh...
Lol. First time I’ve ever been called a Bible thumper. I’m sure my Bible thumping brother and sister would disagree with that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I also know some people are unredeemable, except by God‘s grace.