California

El Correcto

god is dead
Sea food is disgusting, especially lobsters, crabs, crawfish, etc. they are like :censored2:ing giant hellish water insects with :censored2:ing claws.
Also everyone living by the coast is used to red tide blooms and fish getting murdered in mass just cause the ocean sucks and is terrible.

I mean what do you want us to do? Send the fish tax payer dollars? I thought you people didn’t want the ocean warm anyways, isn’t that why you want to piss away trillions in green energy commie bull:censored2:? are you just bitching?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sea food is disgusting, especially lobsters, crabs, crawfish, etc. they are like *ing giant hellish water insects with *ing claws.
Also everyone living by the coast is used to red tide blooms and fish getting murdered in mass just cause the ocean sucks and is terrible.

I mean what do you want us to do? Send the fish tax payer dollars? I thought you people didn’t want the ocean warm anyways, isn’t that why you want to piss away trillions in green energy commie bull*? are you just bitching?
You don't like freshwater cockroaches???

MAKAVELI

Sea food is disgusting, especially lobsters, crabs, crawfish, etc. they are like *ing giant hellish water insects with *ing claws.

I mean what do you want us to do? Send the fish tax payer dollars? I thought you people didn’t want the ocean warm anyways, isn’t that why you want to piss away trillions in green energy commie bull*? are you just bitching?
Don't worry nobody's going to accuse you of being a sushi lover. Lol I just thought it was funny even the fish in Texas can't take a little cold. 🤣

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I catch lobsters, but I don't eat them.
I give them away to people who enjoy eating them, makes me very popular.
My license says it is good year round, which I was using, but now they have changed the rules.
I had to have all my winter lobster traps removed by March 5, 2021 and nobody { commercial and non-commercial } is allowed to set any traps until after May 15th, 2021. { with the season to end on Nov. 1st }
It is not to protect the lobsters, but to protect the whales.
Honestly where I set my traps is in very shallow rocky waters , which means a whale would already be in trouble, most likely dead.

oldngray

nowhere special
My license says it is good year round, which I was using, but now they have changed the rules.
I had to have all my winter lobster traps removed by March 5, 2021 and nobody { commercial and non-commercial } is allowed to set any traps until after May 15th, 2021. { with the season to end on Nov. 1st }
Honestly where I set my traps is in very shallow rocky waters , which means a whale would already be in trouble, most likely dead.
Isn't that prisoner food?

El Correcto

god is dead
I never understood people’s desire to eat cockroaches with claws.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Isn't that prisoner food?
During my parents youth , yes it was prisoner food.
The prisoners actually complained about eating them all the time.
{ back then they were easy to catch, beaches were covered with them at low tide, almost no effort was needed }
Also having a school lunch made from them meant you came from a poor family.

El Correcto

god is dead
During my parents youth , yes it was prisoner food.
The prisoners actually complained about eating them all the time.
{ back then they were easy to catch, beaches were covered with them at low tide, almost no effort was needed }
Also having a school lunch made from them meant you came from a poor family.
God being poor would suck if I had to eat lobster and fish eggs like those rich jackasses.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I never understood people’s desire to eat cockroaches with claws.
These cockroaches can seriously injure you with their claws.
In order to remove them from the traps a quick hand covered in a thick glove is normally required.
Selling at $5 a pound this past season, which the State allowed the fishermen to sell directly to the public at the dock due to CoVid.
Since the government shutdown most of the markets to which the lobsters would normally go, which saved many a fisherman from going broke.
Many have wondered about who was the first person to decide to boil them.
Before that most were just dumped alive in the soil as fertilizer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
God being poor would suck if I had to eat lobster and fish eggs like those rich jackasses.
2020 was the best year I had since the late 80's.
Caught 253 with only 10 traps in the water.
Everyone was catching them, how do I know this ?
Because fewer people were stealing from my traps.
During 2019 , I would place two traps in an area , both shut tight with multiple cable ties. And the next time I pulled them one would be empty with all the ties gone and the other would still have the ties and sometimes with a catch.
The last week I was in the water, somebody not only pulled up my traps but they also removed all my bait.

oldngray

nowhere special
2020 was the best year I had since the late 80's.
Caught 253 with only 10 traps in the water.
Everyone was catching them, how do I know this ?
Because fewer people were stealing from my traps.
During 2019 , I would place two traps in an area , both shut tight with multiple cable ties. And the next time I pulled them one would be empty with all the ties gone and the other would still have the ties and sometimes with a catch.
The last week I was in the water, somebody not only pulled up my traps but they also removed all my bait.
at least they didn't steal your traps too

Babagounj

Strength through joy
at least they didn't steal your traps too
Thankfully I had spares.
{ other lobsterman friends who find illegal traps give them to me if they aren't going to use them }
Many of the commercial fisherman had whole strings disappear ( anywhere from 10-15 traps tied along a single rope with a large buoy on each end ). New traps go for $65-100 a piece.
You can tell who is fishing from illegal traps because licensed owners need to paint colors on their buoys with their assigned numbers burnt into them, along with other requirements while the illegals use just a plain white buoy.
{ one of the requirements is to show your buoy colors when hauling in your gear , which many small powerboats do not do }

rod

Retired 22 years
These cockroaches can seriously injure you with their claws.
In order to remove them from the traps a quick hand covered in a thick glove is normally required.
Selling at $5 a pound this past season, which the State allowed the fishermen to sell directly to the public at the dock due to CoVid.
Since the government shutdown most of the markets to which the lobsters would normally go, which saved many a fisherman from going broke.
Many have wondered about who was the first person to decide to boil them.
Before that most were just dumped alive in the soil as fertilizer.
Some sadistic SOB was the first one to boil them alive.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member