California

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via NBC News:
Prepare to put your clothes back on in San Francisco, because the city’s Board of Supervisors has passed a ban on nudity, NBCBayArea.com reported.

In a 6-to-5 vote, San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to ban public nudity – specifically, exposing one’s genitals on streets and on public transit. In other words, no bare buns on the BART.

Nudists could be fined $100 for a first-time offense; rebel nudists found naked a third time within a year will be fined $500 and could face up to a year in jail.

Exceptions to the ban: Children under five years and nudists in parades, fairs or festivals held under a city permit.

The ordinance was introduced by Supervisor Scott Wiener, who said he had heard increasing complaints from residents in San Francisco’s traditionally gay Castro District about a roaming band of increasingly bold naked men, the AP reported.

S

serenity now

Via NBC News:
Prepare to put your clothes back on in San Francisco, because the city’s Board of Supervisors has passed a ban on nudity, NBCBayArea.com reported.

In a 6-to-5 vote, San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to ban public nudity – specifically, exposing one’s genitals on streets and on public transit. In other words, no bare buns on the BART.

Nudists could be fined $100 for a first-time offense; rebel nudists found naked a third time within a year will be fined $500 and could face up to a year in jail.

Exceptions to the ban: Children under five years and nudists in parades, fairs or festivals held under a city permit.

The ordinance was introduced by Supervisor Scott Wiener, who said he had heard increasing complaints from residents in San Francisco’s traditionally gay Castro District about a roaming band of increasingly bold naked men, the AP reported.

you can't make this stuff up

packageguy

We can't even pay our own frickin' bills, but Gov. Moonbeam wants special scholarships available for ILLEGAL immigrants......not for U.S.A. students !!!

What planet is this ??? :dissapointed:

I hate when I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS. They come here free living, free healthcare all we do is pay, pay, pay. All those elected officials should get voted out period. If you can't help us they don't belong there....

packageguy

So big, the state needs its own thread.....not because it's so wonderful, but because stupidity rules!!

Now San Francisco wants a new "protected" group.......ex-cons!! So, my question is........If you are an ex-con and part of this new protected group and you went to apply for a job at UPS.....could UPS do a background check on you ???:dissapointed:

I think UPS, or any other company should be able to do a back ground check..

trickpony1

I hate when I HEAR THINGS LIKE THIS. They come here free living, free healthcare all we do is pay, pay, pay. All those elected officials should get voted out period. If you can't help us they don't belong there....

The Latino vote, as well as the black vote, carried the Messiah to his second term.
Starting to connect the dots now?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In Mass. Gov D. Patrick ( a friend of bhos ) is attempting to also allow The Dream Act be carried out.
Many are not aware that in this state there is a gov't fund to help foster kids to achieve their own college dream .
But that fund has no money.

wkmac

The Latino vote, as well as the black vote, carried the Messiah to his second term.
Starting to connect the dots now?

That may be true but the fact that Obama got nearly 10 million less votes than in 2008' and the GOP still could not beat him is more telling about the GOP than about Obama and who voted for him. The GOP needs to look in the mirror instead of pointing fingers and blaming everyone else!

fethrs

WOW!

Born and raised in Ca, (make that So Cal), and yes i know the joke about the land of the fruits and nuts, it gets old real fast. This is a drag to find a thread about my home state that is all about stupidity. I know there are some stupid things out here but I suppose there are other states that deal with stupidity too.

Ga California, yay!

(Why do I not feel the love?)

wkmac

So big, the state needs its own thread.....not because it's so wonderful, but because stupidity rules!!

Going back to the 1st post, upon this the premise of the thread was built.

Fethrs, you can thank Moreluck, a fellow Californian, for setting the table.

And personally I doubt any single state has a monopoly on "fruits and nuts" so I'd not worry to much about a tired cliche'. Besides, this time of year there's good money in that kind of produce. Use lemons to make lemonade!
:wink2: