Call tag attempts without the call tags?

Daf

They don't want forgotten call tags to show up on a report as missed pieces.
I find that funny. It's their laziness that causes the problem, but they expect the driver to just cover for them. Then when the package ends up "missing" they want to blame the driver for doing it wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find that funny. It's their laziness that causes the problem, but they expect the driver to just cover for them. Then when the package ends up "missing" they want to blame the driver for doing it wrong.

In our center there are days when for whatever reason they are unable to print the tags. It’s not laziness—-they are simply unable to print them.

JackStraw

I wait for my board to upload so I can verify my airs. With 70 drivers and only 4 computers, it would be tough to view after start time.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Actually it was much easier back then, center managers actually ran their own centers and didn't have to listen to some bean counter 1000 miles away. And they still made millions imagine that.
its easy to make millions when you have zero competition and volume is crazy-easy to predict because online shopping isn't a thing

the micromanagement started because small package stopped making money first, not the other way around

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Really?,huh. I can't recall ever hearing they lost money.
i think online shopping has basically killed small package

every resi we deliver is a loss or barely breaking even, unless it's a 2DA or better

most of our profits are in air and international volume now

Johney

i think online shopping has basically killed small package

every resi we deliver is a loss or barely breaking even, unless it's a 2DA or better

most of our profits are in air and international volume now
If this is true then why do it? I'm not buying it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If this is true then why do it? I'm not buying it.

what's the alternative, tell the US population to :censored2: off until we feel like we can make a buck? that if they aren't a business we aren't interested? yeah that would be great for the business...

as a whole, the small package centers might make money, but the air and commercial carry it

Wages need to be address in the next contract in order for us to remain competitive.

yes, hopefully driver wages stay where they are, but steps are taken to reduce OT

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Current FT drivers should be grandfathered in but new FT hires should start at a lower rate, have a longer progression with a lower top out.
that is most likely what will happen, though i don't think lower wages is fair considering what we currently ask of drivers

if we dumbed it down a lot more, maybe, but not yet; maybe in the next contract

Johney

what's the alternative, tell the US population to :censored2: off until we feel like we can make a buck? that if they aren't a business we aren't interested? yeah that would be great for the business...

as a whole, the small package centers might make money, but the air and commercial carry it

yes, hopefully driver wages stay where they are, but steps are taken to reduce OT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UPS in business to make money? I seriously doubt the shareholders would tolerate doing anything that doesn't make at least some profit. Their making something doing residential and not just for the U.S. population. Come on man seriously?
Current FT drivers should be grandfathered in but new FT hires should start at a lower rate, have a longer progression with a lower top out.
Sure so all those new hires can piss on us retirees down the road voting on new contracts seeing as we piss on them now. SMH.

E

el blanco

crappy AM OMS is to blame

the really annoying bit is when you have the physical call tags but they aren't in EDD so you don't even realize until you probably are back at the building

that's just poor organization skills by the driver
put those tags at the front of the 2000 shelf so you see them every time you open the bulkhead door

Johney

its easy to make millions when you have zero competition and volume is crazy-easy to predict
So all the tracking capabilities of yesterday were better than today? Because I've been in the dispatch office at 1 a.m. watching the dispatch sup setting up cars for the day already with a pretty good idea about spc. I guess those little clickers to count stops by the preloader were top notch in the day.