Call tag attempts without the call tags?

10point

Twice in a week now we’ve been instructed to attempt all call tag pick ups without the call tags. For one reason or another they were not provided before leaving the center. Is this an issue anywhere else? What attempt is? How do you attempt an rs1 tag without the tag? “Hi I’m here to pick up a package, I have no idea what it is, do you have it?” WTH!!

Twice in a week now we’ve been instructed to attempt all call tag pick ups without the call tags. For one reason or another they were not provided before leaving the center. Is this an issue anywhere else? What attempt is? How do you attempt an rs1 tag without the tag? “Hi I’m here to pick up a package, I have no idea what it is, do you have it?” WTH!!
I always send a message in that I need more information such as the company it's being returned to.

Indecisi0n

Trust me even with the tag the customer has no damn clue.

Sheet left at stop and see ya !

E

el blanco

I would never do it

u don't know what you're picking up

u have nothing to give to the customer

the odds of the center connecting the missing call tag to the mystery pkg. are just about nil

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Two options are "Not Found" or pick up the package and have evening OMS print out a new tag. You could write the tracking number on an Infonotice and leave that with the customer as a receipt.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Rs 1 leave tag. Go back next day if you get the tag. Rs 2 or 3 gotta go back anyways. Like above said most haven't got a clue what is going back

jaker

trolling
It is a really grey shady area when it comes to this , because I don't want to pick up something that I can't give proof to the customer that I picked it up and I don't want to have a miss

What I do is make a attempt and if they are home I straight tell them ups didn't give me a receipt and I don't feel comfortable taking it and sheet it NR1 and will come back with one tomorrow

If they are not home I sheet it NR1

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Had it happen to me last week, some people had them ready. Others I had to wait until they figured it out had to have them print them out at the center when I got back. Can’t tell you how to deal with it if they don’t have it ready, being it is a RS1 you to pick up or leave the tag.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
It is a really grey shady area when it comes to this , because I don't want to pick up something that I can't give proof to the customer that I picked it up and I don't want to have a miss

What I do is make a attempt and if they are home I straight tell them ups didn't give me a receipt and I don't feel comfortable taking it and sheet it NR1 and will come back with one tomorrow

If they are not home I sheet it NR1
RS1 tags have to be left or picked up but I could see that working, most people don’t care or understand that mistakes happen. I usually give them the tracking off the call tag through the 1Z out of my diad so they can track it if they are concerned.