Calling all preloaders (loaders) quick question on volume

There is a slide at the end fed by belts where sorters put into cages. Irregs have to be handled separately and carted around to be loaded.
oh god that's another :censored2:y thing, when the managers pull you from your cage to sort and cart the irregs, makes you rethink wether to clear your cages or not

HardknocksUPSer

ah thank you, i get the idea. so do you have to look at every package's label that passes by to make sure its not yours or how does that work?
Yes, you have to watch every package to make sure it's not yours, assuming the splitter is a good splitter most of your stuff will be on the correct side of the belt, if the guy above you is a good loader he won't let stuff go past him, if he sucks, your digging through his packages and yours, you also have to either toss his to him or put them on a cart for recirculating if he misses them, it's hell to load 5 cars and catch all of the new guys stuff too. It typically results in cussing one another once you've had enough of it.

Yes, you have to watch every package to make sure it's not yours, assuming the splitter is a good splitter most of your stuff will be on the correct side of the belt, if the guy above you is a good loader he won't let stuff go past him, if he sucks, your digging through his packages and yours, you also have to either toss his to him or put them on a cart for recirculating if he misses them, it's hell to load 5 cars and catch all of the new guys stuff too. It typically results in cussing one another once you've had enough of it.
:censored2: i can imagine the pressure for the newbs, at least at our boxline if youre getting behind you dont really affect your coworkers

HardknocksUPSer

:censored2: i can imagine the pressure for the newbs, at least at our boxline if youre getting behind you dont really affect your coworkers
Yeah it really puts pressure on them when the veterans who take no crap start yelling "pull your :censored2:" or "damn you suck" lol in my time at being at the center I've seen some of them pull what we call the "bathroom trick" they ask to go to the bathroom and never return. It used to bother me when people didn't pull their stuff, now I pile it up in a mountain and let them deal with it.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
Looks like my home, HardknocksUPS.

I agree what you mean about the "let them deal with it". Don't get me wrong, I believe in team work and I'll go about doing other jobs to do so - but when they just don't work. I take that measure.

HardknocksUPSer

Looks like my home, HardknocksUPS.

I agree what you mean about the "let them deal with it". Don't get me wrong, I believe in team work and I'll go about doing other jobs to do so - but when they just don't work. I take that measure.
You mean hell hole? Lol just kiddin it's not that bad, and yes let them deal with it, sometimes the hard way of learning is the best way.

Box Ox

Yep. Definitely gets better when you limit your worry to working safely in your own space and let management deal with the results of their insane PPH push and bad moves: Putting Elmer "Miss and Misload" Fudd on 4-5 trucks. Sending needed loaders home. Slamming all your cars at once. Sups not reacting after you tell them X, Y or Z is going to happen based on your chart, typical packages/stops you know are coming or package car size until it's too late. You don't run the show. You just load according to management's plan.